Two free movies
Catch a free movie in two places:
• “Grown Ups 2,” starring Adam Sandler and Kevin James, and rated PG-13, at 3 p.m. for adults and seniors, at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common. Details at 918-2380.
• “Friday Night at the Movies,” with host David Zinman, “Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb,” from 1964 and starring George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden and Slim Pickens, at 7 p.m. at Georgetown County Library’s Waccamaw Neck branch, 24 Commerce Lane, Pawleys Island, west of U.S. 17, behind Pastaria 811. Call 545-3623.
Club doubles up
Choose from two comedy shows Friday-Saturday at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach (839-2565 or www.carolinacomedyclub.com):
• “The Magic of Carl Michael,” 6 p.m., for $19.95 ages 13 and older, otherwise $9.95.
• JR Brow, 8 and 10 p.m., for $15.
Weekly senior dance
The city of Myrtle Beach continues a season of weekly senior dances through April 11. DJs Jack and Rosalie Drust will coordinate the tunes for this evening, and on March 14 and 28, and April 4 and 11. Details at 918-2381 or www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com, and at 570-881-0244 or by emailing email@example.com
Details | 7-10 p.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Drive, near The Market Common, for $7.
Two shows at CCU sites
Choose from two special events by Coastal Carolina University, both at 7:30 p.m. Details at 349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts:
• “From Sousa to Swing,” by CCU Symphonic Band and Jazz After Hours Band, in CCU’s Wheelwright Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway, for $5 general; $3 CCU/Horry-Georgetown Technical College students, faculty and staff; and free for children.
• “Crimes of the Heart” in final weekend (also 3 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday) in 79th Avenue Theatre, in CCU’s Myrtle Beach Education Center, at U.S. 17 Bypass, for $15 general; $10 CCU/HGTC faculty, staff, alumni, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members, seniors and teens; and $5 CCU/HGTC students and children.
Free show along waterway
See McKenzies Mill in the “Nashville Fridays” concert series. Details at 903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
Details | 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along the Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to the Clarion Hotel, for free.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach