Comedians on stages
Choose from two comedic slates opening for the week, both at 8 p.m. for $15:
• Jesse Joyce, through Saturday, at Carolina Comedy Club and Back Stage Bar and Grill, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. Details at 839-2565 orwww.carolinacomedyclub.com
• Troy Thirdgill, with Cooter Douglas opening, through SaturdayJune 1, and June 4-5, at Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach. 449-4242 orwww.comedycabana.com
Swing for fun
Get some batting practice, for fun or exercise, in a baseball or softball cage. Details at 477-8385.
Details | 10 a.m.-9 p.m. at Harbor Light Ball Yard, 631 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach, just north of CVS and across from Surfside Bowl and Entertainment Center. Purchase tokens; rates average to about $1 per 10 pitches; passes also available.
Triple bill at library
Choose from three special events at Horry County Memorial Library’s Carolina Forest branch. More details at www.hcml.org:
• “Plant-Based Potluck,” at noon, inviting everyone to bring a dish that has no eggs, dairy or meat, and sample other tastes.
• “Teen Game Night,” at 4 p.m. in Teen Lounge.
• “Children’s Book & Cook Club,” 4:30 p.m., for ages 5-9, entailing listening to a story, then cooking the featured dish; preregister at 915-5282.
Details | at 2250 Carolina Forest Blvd., east of U.S. 501, for free.
Fireworks every Tuesday
Catch fireworks every Tuesday to light up the night. Details at 444-3200, 800-386-4662 or www.broadwayatthebeach.com.
Details | 10 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach, bordered by U.S. 17 Bypass, Grissom Parkway and 21st and 29th avenues North in Myrtle Beach, for free.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach