Go out with Mom
Celebrate Mother’s Day in multiple ways:
• House of Blues, at Barefoot Landing on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, debuts “Kirk Franklin’s Gospel Brunch,” 9 a.m.-2 p.m., with live music 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., and continuing every Sunday. $29 ages 13 and older, $14.50 ages 7-12, and free ages 6 and younger. Details at 913-3746 orwww.hob.com/myrtlebeach
• Free games of bowling for moms, 9 a.m. until closing May 12, at Surfside Bowl Entertainment Center, 510 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. Every Sunday, games and shoe rentals are $1.50 each. 238-2695 orwww.surfsidebowlingcenter.com
• Free admission for moms with a paying companion 11 a.m.-8 p.m. at MagiQuest, at Broadway at the Beach, off Grissom Parkway in Myrtle Beach. 916-1800 orwww.magiquest.com/MQLocations/Myrtle-Beach-SC.html
• Mothers dine for free at 6 p.m. with one paid full-priced adult admission – mention code MFMB13, at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, 2904 Fantasy Way, close to U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach and the Intracoastal Waterway; general admission: $50.95 ages 13 and older, otherwise $30.95. 236-4635, 800-436-4386 orwww.medievaltimes.com/myrtlebeach.aspx
The “Enchanted Storybook Forest,” a collection of storybook playhouses created by local builders, architects and organizations, opens with a ribbon cutting at 3 p.m., then remains open daily through October. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details | at Brookgreen Gardens, open 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m.. on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.
NASCAR SpeedPark’s has an “Early Bird Sunday,” and all-day ride wristbands are $16.99 plus tax 10-11 a.m. Details at 918-8725 or www.nascarspeedpark.com/sc.aspx#.
Details | Open 10 a.m.-10 p.m. at 1820 21st Ave North Ext., at U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach, across from the Palace Theatre and Broadway at the Beach; free admission for spectators.
‘Nabucco’ on screens
See the Royal Opera House’s “Nabucco” in the “Opera & Ballet in Cinema” series, at 2 p.m. for $15 in either of two movie theaters. An encore is 7 p.m. Tuesday. Details at www.operaincinema.com or www.carmike.com.
• Broadway Carmike 17, at Broadway at the Beach, off Grissom Parkway in Myrtle Beach (445-1616),
• Carmike 12 at Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres (272-6598).
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach