There are tons of festivals to choose from this weekend. Or you can just head out early and hit them all. Here’s what’s happening:
• The Town of Surfside Beach is holding a Beach Music Party from 5-8 p.m. in the parking lot at the Surfside Beach Pier. Admission is free. In addition to the music, there will be food and drinks for purchase. You might want to bring a chair.
• The Sons of Italy Italian Festival begins today at Barefoot Landing and runs through Sunday. Admission is free. This event includes live entertainment, food tents, arts and crafts vendors, face painting, Italian-themed souvenirs, a pasta eating contest, kids’ activities, and an Italian car exhibit. Hours are from 5-9 p.m. on Friday, noon-8 p.m. on Saturday, and noon-6 p.m. on Sunday.
• On Saturday, the City of Conway is holding its annual Rivertown Music & Arts Festival
11 a.m.-9 p.m.
in downtown Conway. Admission is free. This event includes live music, a car show, works by local artists and crafters, and a food court. You might want to bring a chair.
• Palmetto Academy is holding a Spring Fling in Valor Park on Saturday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission is free, although there may be a fee for some of the activities. This event includes live entertainment, a game truck, a petting zoo, bounce houses, vendors and more.
• If you’re looking for a Cinco de Mayo party, Fiesta del Burro Loco at 960 Frontage Road West is holding its annual BurroFest in the restaurant’s parking lot starting at 11 a.m. on Sunday. Admission is free. There will be live music (1-11 p.m.), outdoor games, a free shuttle from the CCU campus, beer trucks, food and drinks for purchase and more.
• Mayfest on Main will take place on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Admission is free. The festival includes live music, food and craft vendors, a children’s area, street entertainers, and more. You might want to bring a chair.
• Divine Prime at The Market Common is holding a wine and tapas tasting from 6-8 p.m. For $15, you’ll get three featured wines (3-ounce servings) paired with select salumeria menu items. You’ll also get a 25 percent discount on select bottles of wine.