I’m really excited about the next few weeks because there are so many fun, creative activities planned, many of which are new or have been expanded from previous years. Here’s the list:
• Croissants Bistro & Bakery at 3751 Robert Grissom Parkway is hosting a Coastal Uncorked Launch Party, from 2-5 p.m. on Saturday. Tickets are $10 (you can buy them at the bakery or at www.coastaluncorked.com). This event includes wine tasting, live music, an art display and a silent auction. Proceeds will benefit the Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach.
• The Market Common is hosting its first annual Habitat for Humanity Bed Race at 10 a.m. on Saturday. Admission is free. Teams of five will race beds on wheels down Johnson Avenue. Prizes will be awarded for first and second place, best costume, and most money raised.
• On Saturdays and Sundays through June 9, Orvis at The Market Common will be holding some free Fly Fishing 101 classes. Call 839-6900 to reserve your spot.
• Carolina Zombie Walk activities begin today and end on Sunday. Events include a Zombie Band Jam (free); a Zombie Walk Pre-Party ($5); a Carnival of the Dead with live music, games, prizes and carnival food ($5); and the Zombie Walk, which includes make-up, kids’ activities, food and more ($5). Go tohttp://www.myrtlebeachzombiewalk.com/
for the schedule and locations.
• The annual Ground Zero Dragon Boat Festival will take place in Grand Park on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free. This event includes dragon boat races, food vendors, live entertainment and a Family Fun Zone.
• On Sunday, the Stratford High School concert choir, jazz band and wind ensemble will be performing live in front of Capriz Italian Feast beginning at 11 a.m. Admission is free.
• Pottery Barn is hosting a free class on Sunday at 10:30 a.m. on “The Secrets of Spectacular Centerpieces.” All attendees will also get a 10 percent discount on featured products. Registration is requested 238-0361.