ATLANTIC STAGE, by appointment only, for “God of Carnage,” including designer and tech interviews, 1-9 p.m. Sunday, and for rest of 2012-13 shows 9 a.m. 5 p.m. Aug. 11 and 1-9 p.m. Aug. 12, at 79th Avenue Theatre, at U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. Forward resume, head shot and contact information to email@example.com with requested audition time slot. Details at www.atlanticstage.com.
* CAROLINA MASTER CHORALE, Monday and Thursday evenings through Aug. 20, for 30th anniversary season with four major performances, including Mendelssohn’s “Elijah” and Bizet’s “Carmen.” Appointments at 444-5774.
* COASTAL GRAND SYMPHONY, all 2 p.m. at Andy Owings School of Music at Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach: Aug. 25 for woodwinds and vocalists, Sept. 1 strings, and Sept. 8 piano, keyboards, percussion and any other latecomers, with first rehearsal Sept. 15. Appointments at 839-1505 or www.facebook.com/CoastalGrandSymphony.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
DANCE JAM PARTIES, for adults 8-11 p.m. Friday, with a lesson and food and beverages, at By the Sea Dance-Fitness-Music, 1145 Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. $10. 800-299-9050.
DANCELINK USA. Weekly dances: Tuesdays, beginner shag 6:30 p.m., and intermediate 7:30 p.m., each $10 at DanceLink USA studio, 109 Cedar Ave., North Myrtle Beach; and Wednesdays, country couples beginner 6:30 p.m. and intermediate 7 p.m., each $7 at Surfside Bowl Entertainment Center Brick House Lounge, 510 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. 281-1102 or www.dancelinkusa.com.
GRAND STRAND STRUTTERS, 7-9 p.m. Thursdays at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Call 215-0141.
GRAND STRAND USA DANCE, CHAPTER 6024, ballroom classes Mondays at Trinity United Methodist Church, 706 14th Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach – and moving Aug. 6 to Anaerobic Studio, in Myrtle Beach mall: beginners 6 p.m., intermediate 7 p.m.; $7 members, otherwise $9. 283-0007 or 602-7197. 808-3397 or www.usadancegrandstrand.org.
LET’S DANCE, 5221 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. Weekly classes such as Sculpt & Stretch, Zumba, Latin dancing and dance teacher training. Fees vary. 997-2300 or www.letsdancemb.com.
LINE DANCING CLASSES:
• Beginners 10:30 a.m.-noon Thursdays and high beginner/easy intermediate 6-8 p.m. Mondays at Dick Johnson Civic Center, on Pine Drive in Surfside Beach. $3 each. Also, “Absolute Beginners” starting soon; class size limited. 651-4603.
• Intermediate, 10 a.m.-noon Wednesdays at Dick Johnson Civic Center, on Pine Drive in Surfside Beach. $3. 455-0442 or email
• Beginners 10:30 a.m.-noon Thursdays at Lakeside Crossing Community clubhouse, on Myrtle Ridge Drive, between Conway and Myrtle Beach. $4. 450-4299.
• Beginners and Beginner Plus 3:30-4:30 p.m. Thursdays at Calabash Elks Lodge, 937 Carter Drive, Calabash, N.C. $4. 222-6600.
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH CLASSES, at J. Bryan Floyd Community Center, 1030 Possum Trot Road: offers classes in Zumba, clogging, ballroom, shag, line dancing. 280-5570 or parks.nmb.us. Also: Jazzercise and body sculpting; 249-5828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices and times vary.
RJR BALLROOM CO., weekly dance events include 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Sundays at Senor Frog’s at Broadway at the Beach. $10 cover. 808-1634, www.dancemyrtlebeach.com or email@example.com.
SAND DOLLAR SQUARES AND ROUND DANCE CLUB, Western-style square dances 7-9 p.m. Mondays at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach; $5. 236-9909.
SHAG LESSONS, Wednesdays: 2 p.m. intermediate, 3 p.m. beginners, $4 each, at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N. Myrtle Beach. 222-6600.
“WINE DANCING”, led by Wanda and Jim York, 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays through August, and 2:30-6 p.m. Sunday and Aug. 12 and 19, and Sept. 16 and 30 at Silver Coast Winery, 6680 Barbeque Road, Ocean Isle Beach, N.C., for $5 each. Details at 910-287-4243, 732-470-8612 or Wandafull1@hotmail.com; or winery: 910-287-2800 or www.silvercoastwinery.com.
“ZUMBA WITH LINDA C.”, 9:30-10:30 a.m. Mondays-Fridays, and Zumba toning 10:45-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, at Surfside Bowl Center’s Brick House Lounge, 510 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. $5 per class. 655-0839 or www.zumbawithlindac.com.
ANCIENT ORDER OF HIBERNIANS, HORRY COUNTY DIVISION 1, The Dublin City Ramblers from Ireland in concert, 4 p.m. Aug. 26 at Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, 1100 Eighth Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach, for $25. 497-4741.
“GEORGETOWN ROCKS THE EQUINOX” music festival, 2-11 p.m. Sept. 22 on Front Street, benefiting Tara Hall Home for Boys. Free. 465-0590.
LA BELLE AMIE VINEYARD, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. Frequent festivals. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
LITCHFIELD DANCE ARTS ACADEMY, 97 Otis Drive, Litchfield Beach, west of U.S. 17. Musical Arts and Theater Camp 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Monday-Aug. 10, for ages 7-17, for $125; and open house 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Aug. 18, for fall classes starting Aug. 20. 237-7465 or www.litchfield-dance.com.
ART CLASSES, in paint or pastel and charcoal, taught 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Fridays by Stuart Fleishman at North Myrtle Beach’s J. Bryan Floyd Community Center, 1030 Possum Trot Road; $85 for four classes, or $25 per class; 213-1037.
* CINEMARK SPECIAL EVENTS, at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach: “DCI Big and Loud: 6:30 p.m. next Thursday, for $18 adults, $17 seniors, $16; “Riff Trax Live Manos” 8 p.m. Aug. 16, and “TCM Presents ‘Singin’ in the Rain’ ” 2 and 7 p.m. Aug. 22, each $12.50/$11.50/$10.50, respectively; and Royal Ballet’s “Fill e Mal Gardee” noon Aug. 12 and 7 p.m. Aug. 14, and Bolshoi Ballet’s “Raymonda” noon Aug. 26 and 7 p.m. Aug. 28, each $12. 839-3225.
• Hot Rod Promotions, for all cars, for free, 6-9 p.m. Saturday at Joey Doggs and 6-9 p.m. Wednesday at Anthony’s Pizza, both near Surfside Beach, and 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Aug. 11 at Poppy’s Burger’s & Subs, on U.S. 17 Business by Inlet Square in Murrells Inlet. 503-8245.
• Myrtle Beach Car Club: 5-7 p.m. Aug. 15 at Sonic, 701 U.S. 17 N., North Myrtle Beach, by Walgreens, for free. 215-3849 or 742-9802.
GRAND STRAND MODEL RAILROADERS INC., club site, in Myrtle Beach mall, three doors from Bass Pro Shops, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, 4-7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays. Free. 297-7162 or 293-4386.
FREE MOVIES IN PARKS:
• “Movies Under the Stars, 9 p.m. Wednesdays through August in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
• “Movies at McLean,” 15 minutes after sunset on second Friday monthly through October, in North Myrtle Beach’s McLean Park, 93 Oak Drive, south of Main Street, between First and Second avenues south. 280-5570, ext. 1.
• Movies in the Park,” dusk on second and fourth Fridays in July and August in Conway’s Riverfront Park, on Elm Street. 248-1740 or www.conwayparksandrecreation.com.
Admission varies by site.
• Dream Land Skating Arena, 4475 Privetts Road, east of U.S. 701, north of Conway; open Tuesdays and Thursdays-Sundays; details at 369-2055 or www.dreamlandskatingarena.com.
• Fun Warehouse Family Fun Center, 2349 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), between Socastee and Surfside Beach, a half-mile east of U.S. 17 Bypass; open daily; 748-0302 orwww.funwarehousemb.com
Prices, times vary by site, program.
ALABAMA THEATRE, at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. “One the New Show” at 7:30 p.m. almost daily, and guest concerts such as James Gregory 7 p.m. Aug. 19 and Ricky Mokel 7 p.m. Aug. 25. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
CALVIN GILMORE THEATRE, at U.S. 17 Business and U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach, “The Carolina Opry,” “Good Vibrations!” and “Light.” 913-4000, 800-843-6779 or www.thecarolinaopry.com.
THE GRAND THEATRE, 301 U.S. 17 Business S., Surfside Beach, just south of Surfside Drive/Glenns Bay Road. “Aloha Y’all” Hawaiian luau show 7 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; “Grand Illusions” Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays; Sawyer Brown Aug. 9-11; Russ Tuff Sept. 2; and in their new home, dinner shows “The Marvelous Wonderettes” opening Aug. 21, and “Dino’s TV Variety Show,” opening Sept. 20 (more details at www.dinostvvarietyshow.com). 808-9188, 800-252-5642, www.thegrandtheatre.us or www.alohayall.com.
LEGENDS IN CONCERT, U.S. 17 Bypass, off 29th Avenue North at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, with tributes to Elvis Presley, Dolly Parton, Britney Spears, Steven Tyler and Stevie Wonder through Sept. 2. 238-7827, 800-960-7469 or www.legendsinconcert.com.
MEDIEVAL TIMES DINNER & TOURNAMENT, off U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach, one or two shows daily through Sept. 2. 236-8080, 800-436-4386 or www.medievaltimes.com.
THE PALACE THEATRE, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 21st Avenue North at Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach: “Rock Around the Clock” through Dec. 29, “Le Grand Cirque: Adrenaline” through late September. 448-0588, 888-841-2787 or www.palacemb.com.
“PIRATES VOYAGE FUN, FEAST & ADVENTURE”, 8901 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, next to Carolina Opry. 497-9700, 800-433-4401 or www.piratesvoyage.com.
ATLANTIC STAGE, “The Complete History of America (abridged): Special Election Year Edition,” for ages 12 and older, 7:30 p.m. daily through Friday, at 79th Avenue Theatre, at U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach, for $17.50-$27.50. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
GHOSTS AND LEGENDS THEATRE, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, including ghost shows and walks, and “Skool 4 Pirates.” Open 10 a.m. daily. 361-2700 or www.ghostshows.com.
SWAMP FOX PLAYERS, Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown. “The Marvelous Wonderettes” 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, and Aug. 9-11 and 16-18, and 2 p.m. Aug. 12 and 19. $18. 527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com
THEATRE OF THE REPUBLIC, at Main Street Theatre, 337 Main. St., Conway. Next season starts with “Damn Yankees” Aug. 17-Sept. 2; $18 advance, $20 at door. 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
CAROLINA IMPROV COMPANY, based at Uptown in Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. Various shows. Also: for ages 18 and older, “Whose Night Out Is It Anyway?” at Froggy Bottomz Live at Broadway at the Beach, 8 p.m. Mondays. Details at 272-4242, www.carolinaimprov.com or www.uptownmb.com.
* COMEDY CABANA, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach. Dale Jones through Sunday, and Tommy Blaze Monday-Aug. 12, each $15. Also, family friendly shows with rotating headliners 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays-Thursdays through Aug. 23. 449-4242 or comedycabana.com.
ANDY OWINGS SCHOOL OF MUSIC & PERFORMING ARTS CENTER, in Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach. Back to School Music Festival and Open House Aug. 18-25, including jam session and drum circle 1 p.m. Aug. 18, and beginner’s classes 4 p.m. Aug. 21-23 and 1 p.m. Aug. 24, all free. 839-1505 or www.andyowingsmusic.com.
FPC CONCERTS, season tickets for $30 available Aug. 1 for 27th season, all 1 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church; 1300 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496.
GOLD KEY JAZZ SOCIETY, concerts 6:30-10:30 p.m. on fourth Sunday monthly at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center (formerly Holiday Inn West), 101 Fantasy Harbour Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach and along the Intracoastal Waterway, off U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway; $30 donation. 742-5064 or www.goldkeyjazzsociety.org.
“HOT SUMMER NIGHTS” in downtown Myrtle Beach, through Sept. 29: including Kids’ Carnival on Mondays, with entertainment by students from Dino Capone’s School of Rock near Carolina Forest; and concerts 8-11 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Free, in Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard. 421-9848, 997-6695 or myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
HOUSE OF BLUES, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. Various artists such as Jamey Johnson Aug. 9 and Citizen Cope Aug. 18, with rates varying by show; and Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre at 7 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays-Saturdays for $42 (www.murdermysteryproductions.com). 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
LORIS FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 5435 Main St., outside at 7 p.m. Fridays through Aug. 17, with two groups nightly. Free. 756-1629
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH series: “Music on Main” 6:30 p.m. Thursday and Sept. 6 at 202 Main St., and 6:30 p.m. Aug. 23 and Sept. 20 at the Horseshoe, 11 S. Ocean Blvd.; and “Sounds of Summer” series finale 7 p.m. Sept. 21 at McLean Park, 93 Oak Drive, south of Main Street, between First and Second avenues south; all free. 280-5570, ext. 1.
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH COMMUNITY BAND. New members welcome. Contact Bert Owen, conductor, at 488-6742 or firstname.lastname@example.org. More details at www.nmbcommunityband.com.
PAWLEYS ISLAND CONCERT BAND. Experienced brass, woodwind and percussion musicians welcome for rehearsals 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Litchfield Exchange in Litchfield Beach, behind Applewood Pancake House. 286-1052, 235-9931, www.pawleysislandconcertband.org or email@example.com.
RIVERTOWN BLUEGRASS SOCIETY, next concert at 5 p.m. Sept. 15 with Savanna River Bluegrass and the Subject To Change Band, at Horry-Georgetown Technical College Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $10 members, otherwise $12. Also, preshow jams at 3 p.m. for any acoustic player; no electric instruments except bass. 457-2854 or www.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com.
“SURFSIDE BEACH SUNDAY SERENADES”, four 45-minute performances 2-5 p.m. Sundays through Sept. 2 in town of Surfside Beach’s Veterans Memorial park, at Surfside and Willow drives, next with Acoustic Johnny, Steve Cochran, Wayne Mummert and Lola. Free. 450-7281.
* “BODIES REVEALED”, by Premier Exhibitions through Sept. 16 on northeast side of Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, at 29th Avenue North and Grissom Parkway. 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Sundays-Thursdays and 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays. $14 ages 13-64 (and $4 local discount with ID), $12 seniors, $10 ages 4-12 and military with ID, and free ages 3 and younger. 626-4488 or www.bodiesmyrtlebeach.com.
COASTAL CAROLINA UNIVERSITY, in Rebecca Randall Bryan Art Gallery, in Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts, in Conway, “Leah Woods: Structures” furniture design, through Aug. 24. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Fridays. Free. 349-6454 or www.coastal.edu/bryanartgallery.
FRANKLIN G. BURROUGHS-SIMEON B. CHAPIN ART MUSEUM, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. “At First Light: The Katagami Sculpture of Jennifer Falck Linssen” through Sept. 16, “Kimono: Art, Fashion and Society” and “Andrea Baldeck: Sea Treasures” black and white photos, both through Sept. 23. Free. 238-2510 or www.myrtlebeachartmuseum.org.
SILVER COAST WINERY, 6680 Barbeque Road, Ocean Isle Beach, N.C., exhibit by James Davis, “The Myxolydian Artist,” through Sept. 9. 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, noon-5 p.m. Sundays. Free. 910-287-2800 or www.silvercoastwinery.com.
LIMPIN’ JANE’S OLD SOUTH EATERY & TAPROOOM, 713 Front St., Georgetown. Witzel Art Reception 7-9 p.m. Aug. 25, showcasing recycled art by John Walters. 465-0590.
ART & SOUL, AN ARTISAN GALLERY INC., 5001 N. Kings Highway, Suite 105, Myrtle Beach, in Rainbow Harbor plaza. Various art classes available. Open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 839-2727.
* BLUEWATERS POTTERY – CENTER FOR CLAY ARTS, 279 S.C. 57 S., Little River, a half-mile south of S.C. 9. 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, and open studio 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays. 399-9898 or www.bluewaterspottery.com.
CHERYL NEWBY GALLERY, 11096 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island, in The Shops at Oak Lea. “Periphery – Mike Williams” through Saturday. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays. 979-0149, 800-435-2733 or www.cherylnewbygallery.com.
* CHRISCO POTTERY, 4266 Graystone Court, Little River. 427-4304.
COLLECTORS CAFE AND GALLERY, 7740 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. 11:30 a.m.-midnight Mondays-Saturdays. 449-9370 or www.collectorscafeandgallery.com.
CONWAY GLASS, 209 Laurel St., Conway. 9:30-5:30 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. Free glass-blowing demonstrations 11 a.m.-4 p.m. first Saturdays monthly. 248-3558 or www.conwayglass.com.
DEBORAH BROAD STUDIO, 671 Jamestowne Drive, Garden City Beach, beginning silversmith classes for five-week sessions or two-day workshops, with instruction including soldering, sawing, filing and design. Painting classes also available in oil, pastel and acrylic. 333-5364.
EBB AND FLOW ART CO-OP, 4763 U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays. 651-2386 or ebbandflowartco-op.com.
FRANKLIN SQUARE GALLERY, 130 E. West St., Southport, N.C. Lifetime Members Show through Aug. 25. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 910-278-7560 or www.franklinsquaregallery.com.
FRESH BREWED COFFEE HOUSE, 933 Broadway St., Myrtle Beach. Open 3 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, including open-mic nights at 6:45 p.m. Thursdays with host Brian Roessler. Opening reception for August featured artist, Rachel Jones, 4 p.m. Saturday, for $5. 251-8282 or www.freshbrewedcoffeehouse.com.
GEORGETOWN ART GALLERY, 705 Front St., Georgetown. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 527-7711.
* HARRY THE POTTER – PAINT YOUR OWN POTTERY STUDIO, 4007-B Belle Terre Blvd., west of Forestbook Road and Food Lion plaza. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, and 1-5 p.m. Sundays. 903-0773 or www.harry-the-potter.com.
HOWARD GALLERY, 532 Broadway St., Myrtle Beach. 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 626-3118 or thehowardgallery.com.
ISLAND ART GALLERY, in The Village Shops, 10744-M Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. Also, “Color Theory” oil painting workshop 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Aug. 13, 15 and 17 with Betsy Jones McDonald. 455-0336 or www.pawleysislandart.com.
JEFFCOAT POTTERY, 284-B Koolabrew Drive, Calabash, N.C. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays. 910-579-2400 or www.jeffcoatpottery.com.
JEWELRY BY WENDY – BEACH HOUSE FINE ARTS, 10152 Beach Drive S.W., Unit 6, Calabash, N.C. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays. 910-575-0024 or www.jewelrybywendy.com.
* MUD BUCKET POTTERY, 279 S.C. 57, Little River. 399-8702 or www.mudbucketpottery.com.
* MUDPUDDLE POTTERY STUDIO, in St. James Plaza, 4002 Executive Park Blvd., Suite 600-B (rear), Supply, N.C., in a business park on N.C. 211, across from Brunswick Electric. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. first and third Saturdays monthly. 910-363-4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEACOAST ARTIST GUILD OF SOUTH CAROLINA, gallery open 6 a.m.-2 p.m. daily at Applewood House of Pancakes, 14361 Ocean Highway, Litchfield Beach; and at Seacoast Mall Gallery in Inlet Square in Murrells Inlet, open during mall hours. 655-1800, 947-0668 and www.seacoastartistguild.com.
STUDIO B ART GALLERY, 2922 Howard Ave., Unit D, Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common. Noon Mondays-Saturdays. 839-1278 or www.studiobgalleries.com.
SUNSET RIVER MARKETPLACE, 10283 Beach Drive S.W. (N.C. 179), Calabash, N.C. Abstract acrylic paintings by Sterling Edwards through Sept. 30, for free. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 910-575-5999 or www.sunsetrivermarketplace.com.
WHISPERING PALMS ART STUDIO & BOUTIQUE, 503 Ninth Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, in Nance Plaza at Kings Highway. 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays and noon-7 p.m. Saturdays. 910-232-9609.
BROOKGREEN GARDENS, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. National Sculpture Society 79th annual Awards Exhibition, Saturday-Oct. 28, and “Cool Summer Evenings,” open until 9 p.m. Wednesdays-Fridays through Aug. 10, free with garden admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. Also: “Whispering Wings” butterfly house, extra $3 ages 13 and older, $2 ages 4-12. Gardens open 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 2501 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays. Exhibit “Turtle Travels” through Jan. 5, $8 ages 2 and older. 946-9469 or www.cmsckids.org.
GEORGETOWN COUNTY MUSEUM, 632 Prince St., Georgetown. Open 10 a.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays. $4 ages 18-64, $3 ages 65 and older, $2 ages 7-17. 545-7020 or www.georgetowncountymuseum.com.
HOBCAW BARONY, on U.S. 17 just north of Georgetown. Various nature programs and tours, such as barony tours at 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays-Fridays for $20. 546-4623, www.hobcawbarony.org or www.northinlet.sc.edu.
HORRY COUNTY MUSEUM, 438 Main St., Conway. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays; free. Also, L.W. PAUL LIVING HISTORY FARM, 2279 Harris Shortcut Road, off U.S. 701, north of Conway, open 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays; free. 915-5320, 365-3596 or horrycountymuseum.org.
KAMINSKI HOUSE MUSEUM, 1003 Front St., Georgetown. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays-Fridays and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays, with guided tours at 11 a.m. and 1 and 3 p.m. Mondays-Fridays. $10 to tour both houses. 546-7706 or www.kaminskihousemuseum.org.
MUSEUM OF COASTAL CAROLINA, 21 E. Second St., Ocean Isle Beach, N.C.; and INGRAM PLANETARIUM, 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C.
Museum open 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, and 10 a.m-1:30 p.m. Saturdays.
• Special programs at 3:30 p.m.: “Family Scavenger Hunt” on Mondays, “Ocean Reef Explorer” Tuesdays, “Who Are You Swimming With?” Wednesdays. “Megabites! All About Sharks” Thursdays, and “Touch Tank Feeding/Sea Shell ID” Fridays
• 7 p.m.: “Sea Turtles and You!” Mondays, “Pirates Ahoy!” Wednesdays and “Snakes Alive!” Thursdays.
Planetarium open 11 a.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays.
Free programs at noon:
• “Navigating the Seas” Tuesdays, “Sea Turtle Talk” Wednesdays, “Fun in the Sun” Thursdays, and “What’s Up?” Fridays
• Sky Theater shows daily: “Legends of the Night Sky” at 11 a.m. (for half-price), “Dynamic Earth” at 1 and 3 p.m., “Tales of the Maya Skies” at 2 p.m., and “Oasis in Space” at 4 p.m.
• Rock-music laser shows at 5, 6 and 7 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays.
Museum admission, and per Sky Theater planetarium show: $8 adults, $6 ages 60 and older, and students; and $4 ages 3-4. Museum vacation pass for groups of six for one week, $59 through August. Reach museum at 910-579-1016, planetarium at 910-575-0033, or visit www.museumplanetarium.org.
MYRTLE BEACH HISTORIC COLORED SCHOOL MUSEUM AND EDUCATION CENTER, 900 Dunbar St., Myrtle Beach, just north of Mr. Joe White Avenue and west of Oak Street, 1-4 p.m. Thursdays. 918-1050.
THE RICE MUSEUM, 633 Front St., Georgetown. Open 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. $7 ages 22-59, $5 ages 60 and older, $3 ages 6-21. 546-7423 or www.ricemuseum.org.
S.C. CIVIL WAR MUSEUM, in the Myrtle Beach Indoor Shooting Range, 4857 U.S. 17 Bypass S., between Farrow Parkway and S.C. 544, south of Myrtle Beach, east of Socastee. 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. $4 adults, $3 seniors/military, $2 students. 293-4344 or www.mbisr.com.
S.C. MARITIME MUSEUM, 729 Front St., Georgetown. “Lumber Schooners” exhibit through Sept. 3. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays; free. 520-0111 or www.scmaritimemuseum.org.
WHEELS OF YESTERYEAR, 413 Hospitality Lane, near Carolina Forest, off U.S. 501 near Tanger Outlets. Open 10 a.m. daily; $9 ages 16 and older, $8 seniors, $5 ages 9-15 and free ages 8 and younger. 903-4774 or www.wheelsofyesteryearmb.com.
BAREFOOT PRINCESS RIVERBOAT, various cruises at various times, days and rates, sailing from Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. 272-2140, 800-685-6601 or www.mbriverboat.com.
BETWIXT THE RIVERS kayak and canoe tours, year round, mainly from Horry County landings, including moonlight dinner tours 430-1000 or 423-1919.
BODCACIOUS BOB’S BICYCLE TOURS, ranging from 5 to 35 miles from U.S. 17 in Little River, across from S.C. Welcome Center, with a farm, beaches, winery and Little River’s waterfront as destinations. Bring-your-own-bike specials at $45; guided tours $75, including a T-shirt, bike rental with helmet and lunch; free for children with cart rental; group discounts available. 241-2731 or www.beachbicycletours.com.
CAPT. JIM’S “RIVER MEMORIES” TOURS, on an electric yacht, 90-minute cruises from Conway Marina, 10 a.m. and 1 and 4 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. $15 ages 13 and older, $10 ages 3-12. 246-1495 or www.rivermemories.org.
* CAP’N ROD’S CAROLINA SWAMP TROMP TOURS, four-hour tours on a pontoon up the Pee Dee River from Front Street harborwalk in downtown Georgetown. $32. 477-0287 or www.lowcountrytours.com.
* CAROLINA SAFARI JEEP TOURS, 3 1/2-hour tours across the Grand Strand, including Pawleys and Magnolia islands, along the Waccamaw River, wildlife viewing, a salt marsh and Gullah heritage. $42 ages 13 and older, $30 ages 12 and younger, and discount for military, police, AAA members and seniors. Pickups arranged at time of reservations. 497-5330, 272-1177 or www.carolinasafari.com.
THE CENTER FOR BIRDS OF PREY, 4872 Seewee Road, Awendaw, 35 miles south of Georgetown, east of U.S. 17, first left south of the Sewee Outpost. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays, with guided tours 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. and flight demonstrations at 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. $12 adults, $10 ages 6-18. 971-7474 or www.thecenterforbirdsofprey.org.
COASTAL EXPEDITIONS, four locations; offers variety of kayak tours and adventures year round. 884-7684 or www.coastalexpeditions.com.
* “COASTAL KAYAKING”, guided tours of a salt marsh just north of Huntington Beach State Park, near Murrells Inlet, 10 a.m.-noon Mondays through October. $35. Reservations due at 235-8755 by 4 p.m. the previous Sunday. www.southcarolinaparks.com.
FREEWOOD FARM, on Freewoods Road, off Bay Road from S.C. 707 in the Burgess community. Activities include learning how to grow and cook fresh vegetables, along with demonstrations, farmers market and a farm tour. 650-9139 or www.freewoodsfarm.com.
* HELICOPTER TOURS, all with rates starting at $20:
• Executive Helicopters, 2800 Terminal St., North Myrtle Beach (427-7351 orwww.executiveheli.com
) and Huffman Helicopters, 3000 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, by east end of Myrtle Beach International Airport. (946-0022 orwww.huffmanhelicopters.com
• Helicopter Adventures, 1860 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, west of U.S. 17 Bypass, behind NASCAR SpeedPark and across from Broadway at the Beach. 800-359-4386 or www.1800fly4fun.com
MYRTLE BEACH SEGWAY, 2922-A Howard Ave., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common near Valor Memorial Garden. Self-guided tours $39 an hour, $59 two hours; two-hour guided tours of Huntington Beach State Park: $69. 477-0800 or www.mbsegway.com.
PIRATE ADVENTURES for children, on the Sea Gypsy from Crazy Sister Marina, 4123 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. $25 ages and older, otherwise $12. 651-3676 or www.myrtlebeachpirates.com.
SWAMP FOX TOURS, across historic Georgetown, from 624 Front St. Hourly 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays. $10. 527-1112 or www.swampfoxtours.com.
WACCAMAW COOTER AIRBOAT TOURS, 45- to 60-minute rides from Wacca Wache Marina, 1950 Wachesaw Road, Murrells Inlet, along the Waccamaw River, west of U.S. 17, between Waccamaw Community Hospital and Brookgreen Gardens; schedule depends on tides and weather, with a minimum four riders and maximum six; call for times. $40 ages 13 and older, $30 ages 4-12. 651-2994 or www.plantationrivertours.com.