Browse summer book sale at Waccamaw Library
Details: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-noon Saturday at Georgetown County Library Waccamaw Neck branch, 41 St. Paul Place, Litchfield Beach, off Willbrook Boulevard. Bring your own bags to tote purchases home.
Free movies play in three Myrtle Beach sites
▪ “Split,” 1:30 p.m., for adults, in Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. 843-918-1281 or www.chapinlibrary.org.
▪ “Arrival,” for adults, 3 p.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Pampas Drive and Horry-Georgetown Technical College Grand Strand campus. 843-918-2380.
▪ “Sing,” dusk at The Market Common, in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway. 843-839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com/events/.
▪ “The Lego Batman Movie,” dusk in Franklin Square Park, in Southport, N.C. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
Join Strand Cinema group in Georgetown
The Strand Cinema group begins a new weekend of movies: Friday with “I, Daniel Blake” at 2:30 p.m., and “Lione” 7 p.m.; and Saturday with “A Dog’s Purpose” at 2:30 p.m., and “Worlds Apart” 7 p.m. Details at 843-527-2924 or www.strandcinema.org.
Details: At Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown; each $5 for members, otherwise $7.
Tams, OutShyne jam in free, outdoor concerts
▪ In Brunswick County: The Embers featuring Craig Woolard, 6:30-8 p.m. outside Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second St., Ocean Isle Beach (910-579-1016 or www.museumplanetarium.org; and Tim Clark Band, 6:30 p.m. in Oak island’s Middleton Park Soccer Field, on S.E. 46th Street. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ OutShyne, 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbour Blvd., along Intracoastal Waterway, west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 843-903-2628 (BOAT) or boathousemb.com.
‘1964’ Beatles tribute visits Alabama Theatre
Fans of the Fab Four – whose “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” album was released 50 years ago this past spring – might like “1964 The Tribute.” Details at 843-272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
Details: 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre, at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $29.95, $34.95 or $39.95.
Murrells Inlet VFW fires up Friday fish fry
The public in invited to a weekly “Friday Night Fish Fry.” Details at 843-651-6900.
Details: 4-7 p.m. at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10420, 4359 U.S. 17 Bypass S., Murrells Inlet. $6.50 per plate.
Wild Water boasts wave-pool concerts on Fridays
The “Live After 5” series includes entertainment overlooking a wave pool every Friday night through Aug. 11, with extended hours until 9 p.m. Details at 843-238-3787 or www.wild-water.com.
Details: 5-9 p.m. at Wild Water & Wheels, 910 U.S. Business S., Surfside Beach, for $9.95 plus tax ages 3 and older; park opens 10 a.m. daily, with all-day rates available.
‘Cool Summer Evenings’ extend Brookgreen hours
During “Cool Summer Evenings,” Brookgreen Gardens stays open until 9 p.m. Wednesdays-Fridays, through Aug. 11, with concerts at 7 p.m. every Wednesday and Friday, this Friday with Sea Cruz. Also, on Thursdays: Butterfly Field activities at 5 p.m., Ron Daise orating stories at 6 p.m., and for extra $8 for adults, $4 children, “A Pirate Adventure” boat rides at 5, 6 and 7 p.m. Details at 843-235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org/CoolSummerEvenings.html.
Details: At Brookgreen, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach (open 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. daily). Free with admission, which lasts seven days: $16 ages 13-64, $14 ages 65 and older, $8 ages 4-12, and free ages 3 and younger.