Car club rebooks show for Inlet Square
The Myrtle Beach Car Club will have its “Back to Summer” show, rescheduled from a rainy day May 13. Details at 843-742-9802, 843-215-4165 or www.myrtlebeachcarclub.com.
Details: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at Inlet Square, off U.S. 17 in in Murrells Inlet, near Stein Mart and former J.C. Penney site. $20 car entry; free to see.
Lace up for ‘Walk with a Doc’ monthly mile
Join Tidelands Health’s “Walk With a Doc” monthly program, with a mile around Myrtle Beach’s Grand Park lake, on Farrow Parkway, across from The Market Common. Details at www.tidelandshealth.org/walkwithadoc.
Details: 9 a.m. from picnic shelter off Forbus Court. Free; no signup needed. (Other dates: July 8, Aug. 12, Sept. 9, Oct. 14, and Nov. 11.)
HGTC’s culinary open house starts at 10 a.m.
Horry-Georgetown Technical College will have an open house for anyone interested in studying at the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach. Register for free at www.hgtc.edu/admissions/openhouse.html. Details at 843-839-7004.
Details: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at institute, on HGTC Grand Strand Campus, on Pampas Drive in Myrtle Beach, off Farrow Parkway and near The Market Common.
Museum exhibits open, among special programs
▪ Opening of “Feast Your Eyes: Celebrating the Food of the South,” with paintings and sculpture; and “Feast Local: Brant Barrett Photography” – both through Sept. 17 – at Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon P. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. Also, reception 4-6 p.m. with such artists as Brant Barrett, Natalie Daise, Sara Smith and Logan Woodle. Museum open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays and 1-4 p.m. Sundays. Free. 843-238-2510 or myrtlebeachartmuseum.org.
▪ Fourth annual “Plein Air-Wet Paint Day” and Art and Craft Show,” 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (rain date Sunday) at Jewelry by Wendy, 10152 Beach Drive, Calabash, N.C. Free to see; $20 to paint, with box lunch included. 910-575-0024 or www.jewelrybywendy.com.
▪ “Picturing Fort Fisher: the 1865 Timothy O’Sullivan Photographs” program, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., including discussion at 2 p.m. about the Civil War photographer with Chris Fonvielle Jr., from University of North Carolina-Wilmington, at Fort Fisher State Historic Site, 1610 Fort Fisher Blvd. S. (U.S. 421), Kure Beach, N.C. Free. 910-458-5538 or www.nchistoricsites.org/fisher/.
▪ “The History of Alcohol in South Carolina” lecture, with J.R. Fennell, 1 p.m. at Horry County Museum, 805 Main St., Conway. Free. 843-915-5320 or www.horrycountymuseum.org.
Shows include Strand Cinema, Rumours, Lowder
▪ “Music Saturday,” 10 a.m.-6 p.m. – with music 12:30-4:30 p.m. by Shamalama Duo – at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. Free. 843-399-9463 or labelleamie.com.
▪ Strand Cinema, with “Fences” at 2:30 p.m., and “Paterson” 7 p.m., at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown; each $5 for members, otherwise $7. 527-2924 or www.strandcinema.org.
▪ At House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach: Whiskey Kiss, 7-11 p.m. on The Deck, for free; and Rumours, tribute to Fleetwood Mac, 8:30 p.m., for $11-$13, plus fees. 843-272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
▪ “Southern Shindig: Healing Young Hearts” benefit for Lower Cape Fear Hospice’s Sunrise Kids Program, with concert by Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot, 7-10 p.m. at Columbus County Fairgrounds, 886 Prison Camp Road, Whiteville, N.C. $50. 910-796-8009, ext. 6; or lcfhfoundation.org/events.
Choose from ‘Rain’ ‘Steel Magnolias’ on stage
▪ Atlantic Stage season finale, “A Steady Rain,” geared to adults, 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday, at Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. $27.50 general admission; $22.50 ages 55 and older, as well as educators and military; and $17.50 students, including Coastal Carolina University Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members. 877-287-8587 (ATS-TKTS) or www.atlanticstage.com.
▪ “Steel Magnolias,” 8 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays through June 25 at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common, between Nevers and Lewis streets, next to Coastal Dance Centre. $21 general admission; and $18 active-duty military, veterans and students. 843-232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.