Ipock visits library to discuss new book
Ann Ipock will present her latest book, “Life is Short, Pack Your Bags Now!” in an “Author’s Table” session. Details at 843-545-3623 or georgetowncountylibrary.sc.gov.
Details: 10 a.m. at Georgetown County Library’s Waccamaw Neck branch, 41 St. Paul Place, Litchfield Beach, off Willbrook Boulevard. Free.
Meals benefit local camp fund, VFW post
▪ Pulled pork and chicken barbecue benefit for Phoenix Renaissance’s Racepath Summer Camp and new building fund, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at 538 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach, at Shannondora Street, one block south of U.S. 501. $10 for meal with one meat, $12 for plate with two meats. Delivery available for orders of five or more meals, at 843-455-1935 or 803-450-3144.
▪ “Old Fashioned Southern Pig Roast,” open at noon at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10420, 4359 U.S. 17 S., Murrells Inlet, with music by Charlie Brewer & Company. $7, 843-651-6900.
Free movies at Myrtle Beach library, rec center
▪ “Why Him?” 1:30 p.m., for adults, in Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. 843-918-1281 or www.chapinlibrary.org.
▪ “Collateral Beauty,” 3 p.m., for adults, in Myrtle Beach’s Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Pampas Drive and Horry-Georgetown Technical College Grand Strand campus. 843-918-2380.
▪ “Me Before You,” 6:30 p.m. at Georgetown County Library’s Waccamaw Neck branch, 41 St. Paul Place, Litchfield Beach, off Willbrook Boulevard. 843-545-3623 or georgetowncountylibrary.sc.gov.
Slew of concerts all weekend at House of Blues
A variety of shows pack the weekend at House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach (843-272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach). Ticketing fees might apply:
▪ On The Deck, on Friday, with D.B. Bryant, 1-5:15 p.m.; and Big Engine, 6:15-10:30 p.m.; and Saturday, with Big Engine, 1-5:15 p.m.; and D.B. Bryant, 6:15-10:30 p.m. – each free.
▪ Aaron Lewis, with Travis Marvin, 8:30 p.m. Friday. $26-$64.
▪ Saturday – “Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre,” by Murder Mystery Productions, 7 p.m., for $42 (www.murdermysteryproductions.com); and Blackberry Smoke, with Brother Hawk, 8:30 p.m., for $25-$60.
▪ “World Famous Gospel Brunch,” 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday. $33 ages 11 and older, $16.50 ages 4-10, and free ages 3 and younger – Reservations at 843-913-3746.
Go ‘Shaggin’ on the Sampit’ in Georgetown
Join “Shaggin’ on the Sampit,” 6-9 p.m. on the third Friday monthly through September, with Mike Worley from WVCO-FM 94.9 “The Surf.” Details at www.georgetownseaport.com/events.
Details: In Georgetown’s Francis Marion Park, at Front and Broad streets. Free.
Fortner takes turn in ‘Free Show Friday’ series
“Free Show Friday” concerts showcase up-and-coming country artists – 9 p.m. weekly, including Jobe Fortner May 19, Tyler Hammond June 2, Cole Taylor June 16, Cody Webb June 23, and Doug McCormick June 30. Details at 843-903-2628 (BOAT) or boathousemb.com.
Details: At The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbour Blvd., along Intracoastal Waterway, west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. No cover charge.