• Aug. 8 | Kilted Caddy Club & Café Glow Vibe Night Time Golf Tournament, Azalea Sands Golf Club, 6:30 p.m. registration, 8:30 p.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $40 per person and proceeds benefit the North Myrtle Beach Humane Society. Grand prize is $1,000 cash. Call 843-272-1881 to enter and/or book a caddy.• Aug. 11 | The World's Largest Golf Outing to benefit injured service men and women, Man O'War Golf Club, 18-hole four-person team scramble format, $70 per player registration fee includes a $10 donation to Wounded Warrior Project, bucket of practice balls, coffee, breakfast biscuits, lunch, a tournament logo hat, golf ball & bag tag, local prizes and awards ceremony following play. Each team will be provided with a personalized team web page that can be used to secure additional donations for the team and the squad raising the most money will win a trip for four to play Pinehurst Resort’s No. 2 course. All players are eligible to win a trip for four to the Nike Campus in Beaverton, Ore., for custom club-fitting and other merchandise. The winning team from each participating course will be entered into a drawing for tickets to the 2015 PGA Championship and other prizes. Call Man O’War at 843-236-8000 or visit worldslargestgolfouting.com/course/man-o-war-golf-club.
• Aug. 12-13 | Inaugural Myrtle Beach Amateur Championship, TPC of Myrtle Beach, stroke play, gross and net champions, tee times begin at 7:30 a.m. each day. Six divisions planned for men, senior men, junior boys, women, senior women and junior girls. Entry fee of $125 includes a gift bag. Overall gross champion receives a round at the TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course, overall net winner receives a round at the TPC Sawgrass Valley Course in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. A $100 gift card will be included to cover gas expenses. Donations for The Humane Society accepted. Entry deadline is Aug. 6. Contact Mike Mansour at 843-457-6977.
• Aug. 16 | Beach Ball Classic 24th annual Tournament, Founder's Club in Pawley's Island, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-man team captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $65 per player includes breakfast, lunch, beverages, contests and prizes. Proceeds fund the Horry County Schools Scholarship Fund which gives a $1000 scholarship to students at each of the nine county high schools. Contact Billy Hurston at 843 457-1968.
• Aug. 16 | North Strand Community Church second annual tournament, Possum Trot Golf Club, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, four-person team captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $65 per player includes continental breakfast, on-course drinks, lunch, several hole-in-one prizes including a two-year lease on a Buick Encore. Event includes raffle and a silent auction. Contact Jim King at 843-399-6635, Larry Mundis at 717-433-4869 or the church at 843-399-7729. Registration is available online at northstrand.org. Payment is due by Aug. 2.
• Aug. 16 | The 11th annual “Adopt A Tree Highway” golf tournament to benefit the continued beautification of Hwy 17 Bypass, Wachesaw Plantation East, Captain's Choice format, registration at 6:30 a.m., 8 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $60 per player includes continental breakfast with coffee and juice, lunch of steak and chicken from Outback Steakhouse and post-round party with beer and soda provided. Five team prizes each for overall, ladies, seniors and super seniors. Sink a putt for $2,500 or hole in one for a $10,000 golf trip to Pebble Beach. Other prizes and auctions. Tournament is co-sponsored by Legends in Concert. Call Lou at 843-215-3753 or LouK1065@gmail.com.
• Aug. 23 | 30th annual Mark Sloan Cancer Memorial Tournament, River Oaks Golf Club, 8 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice scramble format. The entry fee of $85 per person or $300 per foursome includes breakfast, lunch, prizes, giveaways, post-tournament party and on-course beverages, and the winning team receives an engraved crystal decanter set. The event raises money for cancer research and RAFT – the Realtors Assistance Fund Trust for realtors and member affiliates who may need financial assistance due to medical hardship. The event has donated more than $500,000 to cancer research. Contact Christi Farmer at 839-8071 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Aug. 30 | The 6th Annual Cameron Ahalt Memorial Golf Tournament will be held at Wachesaw Plantation East in Murrells Inlet. Check-In begins at 7:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. The cost is $70 per player or $280 per team. Enjoy a complete program of 18-holes of golf/cart, light breakfast, lunch, contests, awards, raffle and silent auction. All proceeds go to The Cameron Ahalt Celebration of Life Fund which are then distributed to various organizations/activities within the community. Additionally, a scholarship fund has been established and three scholarships were presented to deserving 2014 college bound students at last year's tournament. For more information, please contact Anita at 843-237-5693 or Sean at 843-237-1829. Registration deadline is Aug. 16. You are invited to go to www.cameronslifefund.com to learn more about Cameron, past tournaments the Life Fund.• Sept. 1 | Inaugural Bikini Beach Cat Rescue Labor Day Tournament, Blackmoor Golf Club, 1 p.m. shotgun start, four-person team scramble format. Entry fee of $60 per player includes prizes for top three teams with a twist to involve other teams, numerous raffle prizes, a 50/50 raffle, silent auction for items donated by Bud Light, and post-round awards party at O’Keefe’s Irish Pub including free food and happy hour drink prices that is open to guests for a nominal fee. Entry deadline is Aug. 25. Proceeds benefit Bikini Beach Cat Rescue, a tax-exempt 501(c)3 non-profit offering low-cost spay/neuter clinics in Horry and Georgetown counties. Visit www.bikinibeachcatrescue.org and contact Anne Younger at 302-438-2740 or Younger.email@example.com.
• Sept. 6 | El Cerro Mexican Bar & Grill Tournament, TPC of Myrtle Beach, 10 a.m. shotgun start, four-player team captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $125 per player or $450 per team includes on-course drinks, buffet lunch at El Cerro on SC 544 following play, prizes for top teams and skills contests, $10,000 hole-in-one prize. Sign up at El Cerro locations or contact Salvador at 843-650-8835, Eddie at 843-365-4001 or Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 6 | CIAO Carolina Italian American Organization’s 16th. annual golf tournament at Eagle Nest Golf Club. All proceeds go to various veteran groups as well as their families. Price of $65 per golfer includes continental breakfast, hotdog on turn and dinner after golf. Lots of prizes. Visit www.ciaocarolinas.org for forms or call 734-0356 for more information.
• Sept. 13 | The OD Shag Club’s 24th Annual Charity Golf Tournament will be held at “The Valley at Eastport Golf Club” in Little River, SC. Captain’s Choice format with cash prizes and a 9:00 AM Shotgun start. Portion of proceeds always benefit local and regional hharities. $60 entry fee per player includes breakfast biscuits, lunch, and on-course beverages. Entry deadline is Sept. 9. For application and more information contact Geoff Girling at 843-870-1857 or visit www.odshagclub.com.• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
• Monthly | The Myrtle Beach Chapter of the American Singles Golf Association (ASGA) regularly meets the second Thursday each month for nine holes of golf at River Oaks Golf Club followed by a social hour and dinner starting at 6 p.m. at the Clarion Hotel in Fantasy Harbor. A general monthly meeting starts at 7 p.m. The cost for dinner is $12, which includes tax, tip and soft drink. If interested, call the ASGA at 1-888-465-3628, visit www.singlesgolf.com or email Myrtle Beach Chapter membership chairman Kim Johnson at email@example.com.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
Results must be submitted via e-mail to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.