BOWLING• August 3 | Grand Strand Senior Scratch Tournament at Surfside.
GOLF• Aug. 2 | Grand Strand Lodge 392 AFM will be holding a Pro-Am Golf Tournament at the Barefoot Resort and Golf Fazio Course on August 2, 2014, 8:30 AM registration - 9:30 AM shotgun start. All proceeds to benefit local homeless shelters, orphanages and other local charities. Continental breakfast and lunch will be served at the Dye Course Clubhouse after the round. There will be prizes for the amateurs; professionals will be playing for a purse. One professional will play with 4 amateurs as a team. $125.00 donation per amateur or $500.00 per team; $100.00 hole sponsor donation. For information and sign-up please call Alan Simeon (843-390-2444) or Rex Thompson (910) 443-1531.
• August 8 | Kilted Caddy Club & Café Glow Vibe Night Time Golf Tournament, Azalea Sands Golf Club, 6:30 p.m. registration, 8:30 p.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $40 per person and proceeds benefit the North Myrtle Beach Humane Society. Grand prize is $1,000 cash. Call 843-272-1881 to enter and/or book a caddy.• Aug. 9 | The Beachcomber Shrine Unit will host their 4th annual Beachcomber Shootout golf tournament on Aug. 9 at River Oaks Golf Plantation. Registration starts at 7 a.m. and play begins with a “shotgun start” at 9 a.m. The format is captain’s choice - four man teams. Cost is $50 per player or $200 per team and includes cart, greens fees, additional “free” round of golf, refreshments and food. Prizes for winning teams, longest drive, closest to pin be awarded as well as other prize drawings. For more information, contact Greg Bullock (843-446-5811), Rusty Watson (843-685-5540) or Cameron Batton (843-465-1130).
• Aug. 11 | The World's Largest Golf Outing to benefit injured service men and women, Man O'War Golf Club, 18-hole four-person team scramble format, $70 per player registration fee includes a $10 donation to Wounded Warrior Project, bucket of practice balls, coffee, breakfast biscuits, lunch, a tournament logo hat, golf ball & bag tag, local prizes and awards ceremony following play. Each team will be provided with a personalized team web page that can be used to secure additional donations for the team and the squad raising the most money will win a trip for four to play Pinehurst Resort’s No. 2 course. All players are eligible to win a trip for four to the Nike Campus in Beaverton, Ore., for custom club-fitting and other merchandise. The winning team from each participating course will be entered into a drawing for tickets to the 2015 PGA Championship and other prizes. Call Man O’War at 843-236-8000 or visit worldslargestgolfouting.com/course/man-o-war-golf-club.
• August 12-13 | Inaugural Myrtle Beach Amateur Championship, TPC of Myrtle Beach, stroke play, gross and net champions, tee times begin at 7:30 a.m. each day. Six divisions planned for men, senior men, junior boys, women, senior women and junior girls. Entry fee of $125 includes a gift bag. Overall gross champion receives a round at the TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course, overall net winner receives a round at the TPC Sawgrass Valley Course in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. A $100 gift card will be included to cover gas expenses. Donations for The Humane Society accepted. Entry deadline is Aug. 6. Contact Mike Mansour at 843-457-6977.
• Aug. 16 | The 11th annual “Adopt A Tree Highway” golf tournament to benefit the continued beautification of Hwy 17 Bypass. Captain's Choice format, registration at 6:30 a.m., 8 a.m. shotgun start, Wachesaw Plantation East. Entry fee of $60 per player includes continental breakfast with coffee and juice, lunch of steak and chicken from Outback Steakhouse and post-round party with beer and soda provided. Five team prizes each for overall, ladies, seniors and super seniors. Sink a putt for $2,500 or hole in one for a $10,000 golf trip to Pebble Beach. Other prizes and auctions. Tournament is co-sponsored by Legends in Concert. Call Lou at 215-3753 or LouK1065@gmail.com.
Aug. 16 | North Strand Community Church will hold their second annual Golf Tournament at Possum Trot Golf Course in North Myrtle Beach, with a 8:30 am Shotgun start. Several prizes for a Hole in One will be available, including a 2 year lease on a Buick Encore. Continental breakfast, on course drinks and lunch will be served. The fun includes raffles and a silent auction. Only $260 per team ($65 per person). Contact Jim King @ 843-399-6635 or Larry Mundis @ 717-433-4869. Registration available on online at northstrand.org. You may also call the Church at 843-399-7729. Payment is due by August 2nd.
Aug. 19 | The Sun News Educational Foundation is hosting its 25th annual golf tournament to provide funding for college scholarships to area high school seniors. The 2014 tournament will be played at Pine Lakes Country Club. This is a two-person captain's choice tournament with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. All players must have a handicap. Teams will be pre-flighted and prizes will be awarded to the top teams in each flight. Prizes will also be awarded for other contests, including closest to the pin. Continental breakfast and registration will begin at 8 a.m. Lunch will be served following the tournament. Entry fee is $100/pp prepaid which includes green fees, cart, food and prizes. For further information and to register, contact Peggy Studds, 843-626-0250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.• Aug. 23 | 30th annual Mark Sloan Cancer Memorial Tournament, River Oaks Golf Club, 8 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice scramble format. The entry fee of $85 per person or $300 per foursome includes breakfast, lunch, prizes, giveaways, post-tournament party and on-course beverages, and the winning team receives an engraved crystal decanter set. The event raises money for cancer research and RAFT – the Realtors Assistance Fund Trust for realtors and member affiliates who may need financial assistance due to medical hardship. The event has donated more than $500,000 to cancer research. Contact Christi Farmer at 839-8071 or email@example.com.
• Aug. 30 | The Little River Elks Lodge 2840 is holding its10th annual fund raising charity golf tournament at Eagle Nest on Aug. 30. Registration starts at 7 a.m. and play begins with "shotgun start" at 8 a.m. The format is captain’s choice and cost is $65 per player or $260 per team and includes cart and green fees. Dinner provided following tournament at the Elks Lodge on Hwy. 57 in Little River. Prizes for ladies, men and mixed foursomes for the tournament will be presented at the Elks Lodge. For more information contact Bernie Costello at (201) 694-1201 or Nick Samela at (843) 399-8369
• Sept 1 | Inaugural Bikini Beach Cat Rescue Labor Day Tournament, Blackmoor Golf Club, 1 p.m. shotgun start, four-person team scramble format. Entry fee of $60 per player includes prizes for top three teams with a twist to involve other teams, numerous raffle prizes, a 50/50 raffle, silent auction for items donated by Bud Light, and post-round awards party at O’Keefe’s Irish Pub including free food and happy hour drink prices that is open to guests for a nominal fee. Entry deadline is Aug. 25. Proceeds benefit Bikini Beach Cat Rescue, a tax-exempt 501(c)3 non-profit offering low-cost spay/neuter clinics in Horry and Georgetown counties. Visit www.bikinibeachcatrescue.org and contact Anne Younger at 302-438-2740 or Younger.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sept. 20 | The Veterans Welcome Home and Resource Center is hosting a golf tournament for veterans and friends of veterans only. All proceeds from this event will be used for veterans needs programs. The tournament will be played at River Oaks and will be a two person scramble format. For more information visit www.veteranswelcomehomeandresourcecenter.org or contact director Kris Tourtellotte at 843-427-4568.• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
• Monthly | The Myrtle Beach Chapter of the American Singles Golf Association (ASGA) regularly meets the second Thursday each month for nine holes of golf at River Oaks Golf Club followed by a social hour and dinner starting at 6 p.m. at the Clarion Hotel in Fantasy Harbor. A general monthly meeting starts at 7 p.m. The cost for dinner is $12, which includes tax, tip and soft drink. If interested, call the ASGA at 1-888-465-3628, visit www.singlesgolf.com or email Myrtle Beach Chapter membership chairman Kim Johnson at email@example.com.
TO SUBMIT SCORES• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results may be submitted via email, to be included on our scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.