• Aug. 10 | Workshops for winter league secretaries will be held with two sessions, 10 a.m. at Little River Lanes and 2 p.m. at Waccamaw Bowling Center.
843 224 1029843 457 firstname.lastname@example.org@iahss.orgwww.hcdsnevents.org843-651-0138843-655-5979http://email@example.comAug. 17 | Beach Ball Classic Golf Tournament, Founders Club in Pawleys Island, 9 a.m. shotgun start, captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $65 player includes breakfast, lunch, beverages and prizes. All proceeds benefit the Beach Ball Classic scholarship fund. Tee signs for $100 and donated prizes sought. One student from each of the nine Horry County High Schools receive a $1,000 scholarship. Contact Billy Hurston at 843-457-1968.
Golf• Aug. 25 | The Fifth Annual Golf Tournament at Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club to benefit the Pawleys Island Highway Beautification Program, all proceeds are used for U.S. 17 median beautification on the Waccamaw Neck. Registration at 12:30 and a shotgun start at 1:30. Format is four-person captain’s choice with men’s, women’s and mixed flights. There will be $10,000 hole-in-one, longest drive and closest-to-the-pin contests. Fee of $100 per person or $350 per foursome Includes buffet dinner, refreshments and individual and team prizes. Contact Mark Hess at 235-9890 for details.
• Sept. 9 | The Sun News Educational Foundation Golf Tournament in memory of John Ribar is scheduled for Monday, September 9 at Wachesaw Plantation. This is a 2-man Captain’s Choice format with a 9:00 a.m. shotgun start. Raffle tickets for door prizes and Adams Golf irons will be sold. there will also be a silent auction. The entry fee is $110 per golfer and includes continental breakfast and lunch as well as two drink tickets. All proceeds from this event are used to fund scholarships for local high school seniors as well as scholarships given to Coastal Carolina University and Horry-Georgetown Technical College. For information on sponsorship opportunities or for player forms, please contact Peggy Studds at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-0250.
• Sept. 14 | OD Shag Club 23rd annual Charity Tournament, Valley Club at Eastport, captain’s choice format, 9 a.m. shotgun start. A portion of proceeds benefit local and regional charities. Entry fee of $60 includes breakfast biscuits, lunch, on-course beverages and cash prizes. Entry deadline is Sept. 10. Contact Bob Sanders at 910-579-9056 or visit www.odshagclub.com.
• Oct. 28 | Third annual Coastal Animal Rescue Tournament, Wachesaw Plantation Club, flighted captain’s choice format, 10 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $125 per player includes continental breakfast catered by Kimbel’s, box lunch at turn, on-course contests including Nissan hole-in-one prize, awards ceremony with heavy hors d’oeuvres and cash bar. Field limited to 100 players. The event helps feed and house more than 500 dogs and cats. Call 843-808-0276 or visit coastalanimalrescue.org.
• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
Results must be submitted via e-mail to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.