• May 18 to June 9 | South Carolina State Tournament to be bowled in Florence on weekends only.
• May 4 | International Healthcare Security & Safety Foundation [IHSS Foundation] Annual Charity Tournament, Arcadian Shores Golf Club, 1 p.m. registration, 2 p.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $150 per player includes prizes, box lunch, 7:30 p.m. dinner and cash bar. Proceeds will support programs and research underwritten by the IHSS Foundation. Visit www.IHSSF.org or contact Russ Jones at 215-456-6350 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Evelyn Meserve at 1-888-353-0990 or email@example.com.
• June 1 | The Grateful Goldens Rescue fifth annual charity tournament, Burning Ridge Golf Club, 7:30 a.m. registration, 9 a.m. shotgun start, captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $75 per player includes full breakfast, complimentary on-course refreshments including cold beer, prizes, raffles, silent auctions, mulligans for sale and post-tournament dinner. Proceeds will go toward the care of rescued, abandoned, stray and owner turned-in Golden Retrievers throughout coastal South Carolina and Georgia areas. Contact Janis Palmer at 843-651-0138 or Bill Haug at 843-655-5979 or visit www.ggrlc.org.
• June 8 | 11th annual Fiddler on the Green tournament, Myrtle Beach National SouthCreek Course, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Supports the Long Bay Symphony and its youth programs. Entry fee of $70 per player includes food, beverages and door prizes. Call the Long Bay Symphony office at 843-448-8379.
| The Shepherd of the Sea Lutheran Men in Mission 25th Golf Gala, Burning Ridge Golf Club, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, four-player captain’s choice format with handicaps. Entry fee of $60 per player includes gratuities, prizes and lunch following play. Proceeds will benefit the development and support of New Lutheran Churches in South Carolina, South Carolina Lutheran Men in Mission Scholarship at Newberry College, and South Carolina Lutheran Seminary in Columbia. Hole sponsorships of $100 available. Contact the church at 651-7377, or Joe DiMauro at 357-3840 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results must be submitted via email to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.