Recreation calendar (March 27)
03/27/2013 12:00 AM
03/26/2013 11:04 PM
• April 7 | The annual meeting of the Grand Strand USBCA will be held at Surfside Beach at 2 PM.
• May 18 to June 9 (weekends only) | South Carolina State Tournament to be bowled in Florence.
• March 2 | 6th annual South Strand Lions Club Charity Tournament, Wachesaw Plantation East, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $75 per person includes breakfast, catered lunch, gift bag, prizes and available raffle. Proceeds benefit Lions Club Community Charities and Assembly of God Food Bank. Contact Bob Bonadonna at 808-8274, Carl Blake at 650-0966 or Steve Barbour at 921-7365.
• March 23 | 3rd annual Omar Beachcombers Shrine Unit Shootout, River Oaks Plantation, 10 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $50 per player includes food, refreshments, prize drawings, prizes for winning teams and contests, and voucher for free round of golf. Contact Greg Bullock at 446-5811, Rusty Watson at 685-5540 or Cameron Batten at 241-1791.• March 30 | Pawleys Island Masonic Lodge #409 annual tournament, True Blue Plantation, 1:30 p.m. shotgun start, Texas Scramble format. Entry fee of $100 per player fee includes food, beverages, prizes and post-round pig pickin’. Call Phillip 843 224 1029 or Glen 843 457 9621.
• April 14 | Inaugural Freewoods Farm Charity Tournament, Island Green Country Club, four-person captain’s choice format, 11 a.m. registration, noon start. Entry fee of $35 for members and $45 for non-members includes dinner, awards and contest prizes for men and women. Proceeds benefit the non-profit Freewoods Farm in the Burgess community, which recreates how freed slaves farmed after the Civil War, often for field trips for local schoolchildren. The mule-driven sugar cane-making process and other farm operations are featured. Call Island Green pros Gary Johnson or Larry Crouse at 843-650-0005.
May 4 | International Healthcare Security & Safety Foundation [IHSS Foundation] Annual Charity Tournament, Arcadian Shores Golf Club, 1 p.m. registration, 2 p.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $150 per player includes prizes, box lunch, 7:30 p.m. dinner and cash bar. Proceeds will support programs and research underwritten by the IHSS Foundation. Visit www.IHSSF.org or contact Russ Jones at 215-456-6350 or email@example.com, or Evelyn Meserve at 1-888-353-0990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.• June 1 | The Grateful Goldens Rescue fifth annual charity tournament, Burning Ridge Golf Club, 7:30 a.m. registration, 9 a.m. shotgun start, captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $75 per player includes full breakfast, complimentary on-course refreshments including cold beer, prizes, raffles, silent auctions, mulligans for sale and post-tournament dinner. Proceeds will go toward the care of rescued, abandoned, stray and owner turned-in Golden Retrievers throughout coastal South Carolina and Georgia areas. Contact Janis Palmer at 843-651-0138 or Bill Haug at 843-655-5979 or visit http://www.ggrlc.org/.
• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results must be submitted via e-mail to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.