Recreation highlights (March 27)
03/27/2013 12:00 AM
03/26/2013 10:55 PM
• Mickey Lincoln | Lincoln had the first eleven strikes for a 298 game then added games of 268 and 238 for an 804 series in the Surfside Classic.
• Jim Holliday | Holliday came up a pin short of a 300 and 800 when he started his last game in Marie’s Odd Couples at Waccamaw with the first eleven strikes then left a solid ten pin for 299-799.
• Glenn Bishop | Bishop rolled an eleven strike 280 game for a 753 series in the Surfside Classic.
• From the score sheets | Noah Flores, with a 146 average, rolled his highest series ever when he had 211-554 in the Youth League at Waccamaw.
• Judy Piana | Piana shot a hole-in-one on the 113-yard, par-3 sixth hole on March 18 at River Hills Golf Course using her 7-wood.
• Bob Herre | Herre had a hole-in-one on the 109-yard, par-3 seventh hole on March 20 at Carolina Shores using a 7 iron. Herre was playing with the Calabash Elks.• George Rickard | Rickard aced the 100-yard, par-3 15th hole at River Hills on March 20 using his pitching wedge.
• Joe Garcia | Garcia eagled the 300-yard par-4 Waterway first hole at Arrowhead on March 19, using driver and 7-iron.
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.