• April 7 | The annual meeting of the Grand Strand USBCA will be held at Surfside Beach at 2 p.m.
May 18 to June 9 | South Carolina State Tournament to be bowled in Florence on weekends only.
Never miss a local story.
March 2 | 6th annual South Strand Lions Club Charity Tournament, Wachesaw Plantation East, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $75 per person includes breakfast, catered lunch, gift bag, prizes and available raffle. Proceeds benefit Lions Club Community Charities and Assembly of God Food Bank. Contact Bob Bonadonna at 808-8274, Carl Blake at 650-0966 or Steve Barbour at 921-7365.
March 23 | 3rd annual Omar Beachcombers Shrine Unit Shootout, River Oaks Plantation, 10 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $50 per player includes food, refreshments, prize drawings, prizes for winning teams and contests, and voucher for free round of golf. Contact Greg Bullock at 446-5811, Rusty Watson at 685-5540 or Cameron Batten at 241-1791.
March 30 | Pawleys Island Masonic Lodge #409 annual tournament, True Blue Plantation, 1:30 p.m. shotgun start, Texas Scramble format. Entry fee of $100 per player fee includes food, beverages, prizes and post-round pig pickin’. Call Phillip 843 224 1029 or Glen 843 457 9621.
May 4 | International Healthcare Security & Safety Foundation [IHSS Foundation] Annual Charity Tournament, Arcadian Shores Golf Club, 1 p.m. registration, 2 p.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $150 per player includes prizes, box lunch, 7:30 p.m. dinner and cash bar. Proceeds will support programs and research underwritten by the IHSS Foundation. Visit www.IHSSF.org or contact Russ Jones at 215-456-6350 or email@example.com, or Evelyn Meserve at 1-888-353-0990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results must be submitted via email to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.