Recreation Highlights (Feb. 21)
02/20/2013 4:35 PM
02/20/2013 4:36 PM
• Darren Greene | Greene had the last eleven strikes for a 290 game and 733 series with the Surfside Classic.
• Roger Armistead | Armistead bowled ten strikes for a 289 game and 711 series for the Cimerron Rollers at Surfside.
• Glenn Hightower | Hightower rolled a ten strike 288 game with the Heritage League at Surfside.
Noteworthy• From the score sheets | Youth bowler Andrew Diley only bowled two games with the Surfside Great Whites last week but they were games of 258 and 228...Barbara Merritt, with only a 128 average, bowled a 236 game and 533 series with the Conway Hospital at Waccamaw...Nicholas Martin, with a 179 average, rolled a 686 series in the Little River Classic.
• Lanes to Links | Bob Tingman took his talent to the links when he had a hole in one two weeks ago.
Holes-in-One• Roger Hardy | Hardy, of Brockville, Ontario recorded his second hole in one on Sunday, February 10 at the River Hills Golf Club using his nine iron on the 12th hole. Roger was playing with his wife Bonnie who aced the same hole in 2011.
• Bob Suchy | Suchy aced the 148-yard, par 3 ninth hole at Tidewater on Feb. 16 with a 9-iron.
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.