Recreation Calendar (Feb. 21)
02/20/2013 4:35 PM
02/20/2013 4:40 PM
Bowling• Saturday & Sunday | South Carolina Senior Match Game Tournament will be bowled in Charleston. Pick up entry form and rules at your center for closing dates.
• March 9 & 16 | The Team event for the City Championship Tournament will be bowled at Little River Lanes at 2PM. Entry forms available at centers. Entries close midnight, February 28.
• March 10 & 17 | The Double and Singles events for the City Championship Tournament will be bowled at Waccamaw Bowling Center at 2 PM. Entry forms available at centers. Entries close midnight, February 28.
• May 18 to June 9 | South Carolina State Tournament to be bowled in Florence on weekends only.
Golf• February 27 | Service Industry Day Tournament, River Oaks Plantation, 10 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $35 includes continental breakfast; beverages; giveaways of gas grill, golf rounds and more; lunch including steak, baked potato and salad; additional free round at River Oaks; $18 Service Industry Card for $18 rounds year-round except for March and April. Contact Cindy Taylor at 424-1615 or River Oaks at 236-2222.
• March 2 | 6th annual South Strand Lions Club Charity Tournament, Wachesaw Plantation East, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $75 per person includes breakfast, catered lunch, gift bag, prizes and available raffle. Proceeds benefit Lions Club Community Charities and Assembly of God Food Bank. Contact Bob Bonadonna at 808-8274, Carl Blake at 650-0966 or Steve Barbour at 921-7365.
• March 23 | 3rd annual Beachcomber Shrine Unit Shootout, River Oaks Plantation, 10 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $50 per player includes food, refreshments, prize drawings, prizes for winning teams and contests, and additional free round of golf. Contact Greg Bullock at 446-5811, Rusty Watson at 685-5540 or Cameron Batton at 241-1791.
• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
TO SUBMIT SCORES• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results must be submitted via e-mail to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.