Recreation Highlights (Feb. 14)
02/14/2013 12:00 AM
02/13/2013 5:32 PM
• Chick McDaniels | McDaniels was perfect with a 300 game in the South Beach Classic at Surfside.
• Hollie Wicker | Wicker rolled a 300 game for a 725 series with the Heritage League at Surfside.
• Grant Ramberg | Ramberg rolled the first eleven strikes for a 299 game and 733 series in the Surfside Classic.
• Andrew Diley | Youth bowler Diley had another big game for the second week in a row when he bowled his second 11 in row game in the past year for a 298-683 set with the Youth Great Whites at Surfside.
• Phil Belisle | Belisle rolled a ten strike 289 game and 736 series with the Surfside Classic.
• Mike Dillehay | Dillehay had ten strikes for a 289 game for the South Beach Classic at Surfside.
• Mel Harrinton | Harrington rolled 21 strikes in two of his games in the South Beach Classic at Surfside for a 289 and 280 for a 747 series.
• Mark Janack | Janack came up a pin short of matching his 11 in row 290 bowled last month at Waccamaw when he rolled a ten strike 289 game in the South Beach Classic at Surfside.
• John Howsare | Howsare rolled a ten strike 288 game with McDonald’s Classic at North Myrtle Beach.
• Michael Hysner | Hysner bowled an eleven strike 280 game with the Surfside Classic.
• Chris McFee | McFee had an eleven strike 280 game in the McDonald’s Classic at North Myrtle Beach.
Noteworthy• From the score sheets | Jamie Cook was 101 pins over his average when he rolled a 265 game with Conbraco at Waccamaw...Karen Brown led Whittemore Alumni at Waccamaw with a 652 series...John Lercari was 140 pins over average when he had a 692 series in the Keglers Cash Challenge at Waccamaw.
Eagles• Lou DiGirolamo | DiGirolamo shot an eagle on the 380-yard par 5 fourth hole at Meadowlands Golf Course. He used a driver, a 7-wood, and a chipper.
Holes-in-one• Denny Adkins | Adkins aced the 152-yard, par-3 fourth hole at Heather Glen on Feb. 5 using a 7-iron.
• Kenny Hall | Hall, of Conway, had a hole-in-one on the 115-yard, par-3 eighth hole at Wild Wing on Feb. 3 using a pitching wedge.
• Dorine Stoecker | Stoecker shot a hole-in-one on the 96-yard, par-3 11th hole at Myrtlewood on Feb. 3 using a 34 degree hybrid.
• Rick Buono | Buono, on his birthday, aced the 120-yard, par-3 third hole at Wedgefield Plantation on Feb. 7 using a nine iron. It was Buono’s third career ace and his second at Wedgefield.
Shoot-your-age• Jim Grace | Grace shot his age of 73 at Possum Trot on Feb. 2.
• Bill Swisher | Swisher, 79, beat his age by two strokes with a 77 at Island Green Country Club on Feb. 5.
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.