Recreation Highlights (Jan. 31)
01/30/2013 3:48 PM
01/30/2013 3:49 PM
• Jimmy Attaway | Attaway bowled the last eleven strikes for a 290 game with the South Beach Classic at Surfside Beach.
• Ken Shealy | Shealy added another eleven in row 290 game to his resume in the Surfside Classic.
• Eric Grainger | Grainger rolled a ten strike 288 game with McDonald’s Classic at North Myrtle Beach.
• Pat Fields | Fields had an eleven strike 280 game with the Monday Madness at Little River.
• Hollie Wicker | Wicker bowled an eleven strike 280 game for the Heritage League at Surfside Beach.
Youth 600-700 games
• Patrick Christenson | Christenson rolled games of 234 and 213 towards a 626 series with the Surfside Great Whites.
• Andrew Diley | Diley bowled a 618 series with high game of 222 in the Surfside Great Whites.
• From the score sheets | Senior bowler Dave Davis rolled games of 255, 226 and 222 for a 703 series with McDonald’s Classic at North Myrtle Beach. … Ginny Duncan bowled games of 246, 233 and 196 for a 675 series with the Cimerron Rollers at Surfside Beach. … Mike Albert continues to bowl well in the Little River Scratch League when he had games of 279, 268, 258 and 215 for a 4 game total of 1020.
Eagles• Al Smith | Smith scored an eagle on the par-5 15th hole at Barefoot Landing Norman Course on Jan. 17 using a driver, 3-wood and putter.
• Bob Miller | Miller, of Sea Trail, shot a hole-in-one on the 126-yard par-3 12th hole of the Byrd courseon Januray 17. He used a 7 iron.
• Shirley Link | Link aced the 123-yard, par-3 11th hole at Whispering Pines on Jan. 21 using a 4-hybrid club.
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.