Recreation Highlights (Jan. 24)
01/23/2013 7:33 PM
01/23/2013 7:34 PM
280-299 Games• Anthony Todd | Todd came up three pins short of a perfect game after beginning one game in McDonald’s Classic at North Myrtle Beach with the first eleven strikes to finish with a 297 and 738 series.
• Scott Jenkins | Jenkins had the last eleven strikes for a 290-716 set with McDonald’s Classic at North Myrtle Beach.
• Bill Martin | Martin rolled a ten strike 289 game in Arch’s Classic at Surfside Beach.
• Steven Donahue | Donahue bowled a ten strike 287 game in McDonald’s Classic at North Myrtle Beach.
Noteworthy• From the scoresheets | Karen Brown’s Whittemore Alumni League at Waccamaw bowled two consecutive nights and she responded with series of 237-672 and 269-662...Mike Albert rolls games of 268, 255, 268 and 269 for a 1040 four game set with the Little River Scratch League...Michelle Kochanski bowled games of 249, 214 and 206 for a 669 series for the Surfside Classic...Chase Cooper rolled games of 236, 166 and 132 for a 534 series with the Surfside Youth Sand Dollars.
Holes-in-one• Lenny Budd | Budd shot a hole-in-one on the 124-yard, par-3 11th hole on January 7 on the Resort Course at Grande Dunes using a 7-iron.
• Dave Salisch | Salisch shot a hole-in-one on the 124-yard, par-3 11th hole on January 7 on the Resort Course at Grande Dunes using a 7-iron.
• Steve Tufts | Tufts recorded his third hole-in-one on the 151yard, par-3 seventh hole at Brunswick Plantation Magnolia course using a 5 iron.
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.