Recreation Calendar (Jan. 10)
01/09/2013 4:43 PM
01/09/2013 4:44 PM
• January 12 & 13 | GSUSBCA Senior Handicap Tournament to be bowled at Little River Lanes. Entries already closed.
• Feb. 17 | The City Match Games will be bowled at Waccamaw at 1PM. Entries will be accepted up to 12:30PM on day of tournament. Tournament (which is scratch only) will have a Classic and Senior (over 50) division. Entry forms available at centers.
• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
• Jan. 13 | The “Play Day” offer professional supervised Practice Match play for any area junior to participate with no USTA membership required. Play format will be determined by the number of players per age event, rotating various opponents with refreshments and a “team game court” offered when rotating on and off. Play Day is hosted by Ocean Creek for the 10 and 12 & under divisions, the 14, 16 and 18s at The Dunes Club or Grande Dunes Club. There will be 2 more weeks to follow in January. To enter and for details, please call The Dunes Club at 843-449-0185 for all events and dates of play as soon as possible as entries are limited. Entry fee is only $15 for each date.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results must be submitted via e-mail to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.