Recreation Calendar (Dec. 6)
12/05/2012 5:14 PM
12/05/2012 5:15 PM
Golf• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
• Dec. 8 | Shiver for the Shelter Tournament, Farmstead Golf Links, 9 a.m. registration, 10 a.m. shotguns start. Entry fee is $20 plus 100 pounds of cat food, puppy food or cat litter, and includes range balls, lunch from Bistro 90, on-course refreshments and raffle opportunities. The event benefits benefits animals housed at the Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach. Call 843-449-5217 or 843-450-2521.
• Dec. 8 | Tournament to benefit the Socastee High School boys and girls golf teams, Prestwick Country Club, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person team captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $75 per person includes breakfast, lunch, a gift bag and prizes. A raffle, mulligans and hole sponsorships are available. Register by Nov. 30. Call James Smith at 843-450-6190 or David Bennett at 843-293-1789.
• Dec. 15 | Christmas Child Golf Tournament, Man O’War and The Wizard courses, four-person captain’s choice format, 10 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $65 per player is due Dec. 9 and includes lunch at the turn, raffle, opportunity to buy mulligan package, prizes including golf bags, drivers, putters, golf shoes, shirts, balls and foursomes to several high-end area courses. Top eight teams win prizes. Event has three sets of tees for competitors based on gender and age, and teams can be mixed. Hole and green sponsorships $100 each, or $345 per team with hole and green sponsorships included. Proceeds provide Christmas gifts to children in the McDonald’s Angel Tree Project and Lighthouse Care Centers in Conway and Augusta, Ga. Bring gift for boy ages 12-17 to tournament. Contact Randy Broughton at 843-236-8000 or Randy.Broughton@mysticalgolf.com.
• Dec. 15 | TPC of Myrtle Beach Charity Tournament, TPC of Myrtle Beach, four-person captain’s choice format, 9:30 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $75 per player includes food, contests, prizes and raffles. The event benefits the South Carolina Chapter of the ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) Association and family of Brian Yachovitz, who has recently been diagnosed with ALS. Sponsorship packages available. Contact the TPC pro shop at 843-357-3399 or email@example.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• Dec. 15 | Al Cloyd Benefit Tournament, Possum Trot Golf Club, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $50 per person includes lunch and prizes. All proceeds benefit Cloyd and his family. Cloyd is a custom clubmaker who works out of his trailer at Possum Trot, and has been battling cancer. Call the Possum Trot pro shop at 843-272-5341.
• Dec. 15 | North Myrtle Beach High Athletic Booster Club Tournament, River Hills Golf & Country Club, 10 a.m. shotgun start, four-person team captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $60 per player includes food, beverages, prizes and raffle opportunities. Proceeds benefit the booster club. Contact Billy Cole at 843-251-6094.
TO SUBMIT SCORES• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results must be submitted via e-mail to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.