• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
• Dec. 2 | Iraq/Afghanistan Memorial Tournament, International Club of Myrtle Beach, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $60 per person includes a full meal and awards. Raffle tickets, 50/50 and mulligans available. Sponsored by the VFW Post 10420 and its men’s and women’s auxiliaries, the event is raising money for a memorial for South Carolinians who lost their lives in Iraq or Afghanistan, to be erected by May 30, 2013, at the VFW post. Players, sponsorships and donations welcomed. Call 843-241-2246.
• Dec. 2 | Thee New DollHouse Charity Golf Outing, Azalea Sands Golf Club, 10 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $75 per foursome includes breakfast, lunch, buffet dinner, prizes and hole-in-one prizes for all four par-3s. Proceeds will benefit the Tara Hall Home for Boys Fund. Call David Boehm at 954-646-0238 or Azalea Sands at 843-272-6191.
Never miss a local story.
• Dec. 8 | Tournament to benefit the Socastee High School boys and girls golf teams, Prestwick Country Club, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person team captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $75 per person includes breakfast, lunch, a gift bag and prizes. A raffle, mulligans and hole sponsorships are available. Register by Nov. 30. Call James Smith at 843-450-6190 or David Bennett at 843-293-1789.
• Dec. 15 | Christmas Child Golf Tournament, Man O’War and The Wizard courses, four-person captain’s choice format, 10 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $65 per player is due Dec. 9 and includes lunch at the turn, raffle, opportunity to buy mulligan package, prizes including golf shoes, shirts, balls and foursomes to several high-end area courses. Hole and green sponsorships $100 each, or $345 per team with hole and green sponsorships included. Proceeds provide Christmas gifts to children in the McDonald’s Angel Tree Project and Lighthouse Care Centers in Conway and Augusta, Ga. Bring gift for boy ages 12-17 to tournament. Contact Randy Broughton at 843-236-8000 or Randy.Broughton@mysticalgolf.com.
• Dec. 15 | TPC of Myrtle Beach Charity Tournament, TPC of Myrtle Beach, four-person captain’s choice format, 9:30 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $75 per player includes food, contests, prizes and raffles. The event benefits the South Carolina Chapter of the ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) Association and family of Brian Yachovitz, who has recently been diagnosed with ALS. Sponsorship packages available. Contact the TPC pro shop at 843-357-3399 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dec. 15 | Al Cloyd Benefit Tournament, Possum Trot Golf Club, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $50 per person includes lunch and prizes. All proceeds benefit Cloyd and his family. Cloyd is a custom clubmaker who works out of his trailer at Possum Trot, and has been battling cancer. Call the Possum Trot pro shop at 843-272-5341.
• Dec. 15 | North Myrtle Beach High Athletic Booster Club Tournament, River Hills Golf & Country Club, 10 a.m. shotgun start, four-person team captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $60 per player includes food, beverages, prizes and raffle opportunities. Proceeds benefit the booster club. Contact Billy Cole at 843-251-6094.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results must be submitted via e-mail to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.