• Nov. 10-11 | SC State Seniors Tournament will bowl the next two weekends at Little River Lanes.
• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
Never miss a local story.
• Nov. 12-13 | DeBordieu Celebrity Pro-Am for Cystic Fibrosis, DeBordieu Club, Texas Scramble format in which the best drive of a fivesome is selected and each player completes the hole with his own ball from there. Handicaps counted. The Monday-Tuesday pro-am costs $1,000 per four-player team and includes banquets, food, beverages and a gift pack. A $2,000 team entry includes higher level gifts primarily from Adams Golf. A pro auction on Nov. 12 will determine each team’s fifth player. All proceeds benefit the SC chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Former PGA Tour member Jay Haas and Dillard Pruitt have committed to the event, as have area touring pros Sam Lyons, Michael Maness and Lauren Hunt. Visit dedordieuclub.com/golf or call 843-527-6000.
• Nov. 19 | Calabash VFW Post 7288 Annual Tournament, Sea Trail Golf Resort Byrd Course, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, two-person teams. Entry fee of $140 per two-person team includes flight awards, door prizes and post-tournament lunch and refreshments at VFW. Mulligans are available. Proceeds benefit Wounded Warriors, a program committed to helping U.S. troops adjust to life after suffering injuries in combat. Entry forms are available at the post. Entry fee is Nov. 12. Call the Calabash VFW at 910-579-3577.
• Nov. 21 | Brother Shuckers Fish House & River Oaks Golf Plantation present the 11th Annual Toys for Tots Turkey Trot. It will be a Captain’s choice format with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start at River Oaks Golf Plantation. The entry fee is $35 per player plus a toy. The fee includes greens fee and cart, morning bloody mary bar and breakfast, after party meal with adult beverages, door prizes, on course contests, 50/50 and prizes ... Mulligan’s, Kicksee’s, Tossies, and raffle prizes will be available the day of the event. For more information, contact Murph at 843-903-7946 or stop by Brother Shuckers Fish House or River Oaks Golf Plantation.
• Nov. 24 | Rolling Thunder SC3 will hold their annual golf tournament at Crown Park Golf Course. It will be a Captains Choice with a Shotgun Start at 10:00 am. $60 per person/$240 per team, includes 50/50 drawing, door prizes, and dinner to follow immediately after the tournament at the VFW Post 10804, 111 Hwy. 57 Little River.
• Dec. 2 | Iraq/Afghanistan Memorial Tournament, International Club of Myrtle Beach, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $60 per person includes a full meal and awards. Raffle tickets, 50/50 and mulligans available. Sponsored by the VFW Post 10420 and its men’s and women’s auxiliaries, the event is raising money for a memorial for South Carolinians who lost their lives in Iraq or Afghanistan, to be erected by May 30, 2013, at the VFW post. Players, sponsorships and donations welcomed. Call 843-241-2246.
• Dec. 8 | Tournament to benefit the Socastee High School boys and girls golf teams, Prestwick Country Club, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person team captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $75 per person includes breakfast, lunch, a gift bag and prizes. A raffle, mulligans and hole sponsorships are available. Register by Nov. 30. Call James Smith at 843-450-6190 or David Bennett at 843-293-1789.
• Dec. 15 | Christmas Child Golf Tournament, Man O’War and The Wizard courses, four-person captain’s choice format, 10 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $65 per player is due Dec. 9 and includes lunch at the turn, raffle, opportunity to buy mulligan package, prizes including golf shoes, shirts, balls and foursomes to several high-end area courses. Hole and green sponsorships $100 each, or $345 per team with hole and green sponsorships included. Proceeds provide Christmas gifts to children in the McDonald’s Angel Tree Project and Lighthouse Care Centers in Conway and Augusta, Ga. Bring gift for boy ages 12-17 to tournament. Contact Randy Broughton at 843-236-8000 or Randy.Broughton@mysticalgolf.com.
• Dec. 15 | TPC of Myrtle Beach Charity Tournament, TPC of Myrtle Beach, four-person captain’s choice format, 9:30 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $75 per player includes food, contests, prizes and raffles. The event benefits the South Carolina Chapter of the ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) Association and family of Brian Yachovitz, who has recently been diagnosed with ALS. Sponsorship packages available. Contact the TPC pro shop at 843-357-3399 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results must be submitted via e-mail to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.