• Nov. 3-4 | SC State Seniors Tournament begins three weekends of bowling at North Myrtle Beach Bowling Center.
• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
• Oct. 28 | The second annual couples tournament held at Man O War Golf Course will have a shotgun start at 1:00 p.m. on Oct. 28. Registration for the tournament begins at 11:30 a.m. and is limited to 72 players; the cost is $45 per player or $90 per team.. The format will be a two person captain’s choice, first place goes to the gross and net winners. Lots of raffle prizes on the day of play. Please contact Jackie Miles at (843) 457-5998 or e-mail Jackie.Miles@customshirtzone.com. If cancelled due to weather, registration fees will be refunded.
• Nov. 12-13 | DeBordieu Celebrity Pro-Am for Cystic Fibrosis, DeBordieu Club, Texas Scramble format in which the best drive of a fivesome is selected and each player completes the hole with his own ball from there. Handicaps counted. The Monday-Tuesday pro-am costs $1,000 per four-player team and includes banquets, food, beverages and a gift pack. A $2,000 team entry includes higher level gifts primarily from Adams Golf. A pro auction on Nov. 12 will determine each team’s fifth player. All proceeds benefit the SC chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Former PGA Tour member Jay Haas and Dillard Pruitt have committed to the event, as have area touring pros Sam Lyons, Michael Maness and Lauren Hunt. Visit dedordieuclub.com/golf or call 843-527-6000.
• Nov. 19 | Calabash VFW Post 7288 Annual Tournament, Sea Trail Golf Resort Byrd Course, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, two-person teams. Entry fee of $140 per two-person team includes flight awards, door prizes and post-tournament lunch and refreshments at VFW. Mulligans are available. Proceeds benefit Wounded Warriors, a program committed to helping U.S. troops adjust to life after suffering injuries in combat. Entry forms are available at the post. Entry fee is Nov. 12. Call the Calabash VFW at 910-579-3577.
• Dec. 2 | Iraq/Afghanistan Memorial Tournament, International Club of Myrtle Beach, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $60 per person includes a full meal and awards. Raffle tickets, 50/50 and mulligans available. Sponsored by the VFW Post 10420 and its men’s and women’s auxiliaries, the event is raising money for a memorial for South Carolinians who lost their lives in Iraq or Afghanistan, to be erected by May 30, 2013, at the VFW post. Players, sponsorships and donations welcomed. Call 843-241-2246.
• Dec. 8 | Tournament to benefit the Socastee High School boys and girls golf teams, Prestwick Country Club, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person team captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $75 per person includes breakfast, lunch, a gift bag and prizes. A raffle, mulligans and hole sponsorships are available. Register by Nov. 30. Call James Smith at 843-450-6190 or David Bennett at 843-333-7660.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results must be submitted via e-mail to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.