Myrtle Beach 5, (at) Potomac 2
▪ When Kevin Brown hit a two-run homer in the third inning, the second home run of the inning, putting the Pelicans up 4-0.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Jen-Ho Tseng, allowed four baserunners in first two innings but just four over his final five innings. First win since May 25. Went 7 innings, allowing just four hits and one earned run while recording 2 strikeouts.
▪ Chesny Young, first home run of his pro career leading off the fifth … two-hit night … on-base streak at 33. Finished the game 2-for-4 to raise his team-best average to .333 on the season.
Full box score
What they're saying
▪ Tseng: “After I was hit by that line drive [in the third], it calmed me down and helped me find my tempo and pitch a better game”
▪ Young: On his first HR: “It’s cool. It felt good to do it. In practice and in-cage work, I have been working on pulling balls in the air and line drivesto the opposite field. It’s taken a lot of hard work, and a little bit of patience, and it’s paid off.”
▪ Win: Tseng (3-6)
▪ Save: Fernando Cruz (2)
▪ Loss: John Simms, Potomac (5-6)
▪ Myrtle Beach (9-11 second half, 50-39 overall)
▪ Potomac (11-7, 44-44)
By the numbers
▪ 33 | Young’s on-base streak (longest in recorded league history, since start of ’09)
▪ 15 | Number of consecutive scoreless innings by Pelicans pitchers before Tseng allowed an unearned run in the fifth
▪ 478 | Pro at-bats before Young’s first career homer
▪ Who | at Potomac
▪ When | 7:05 p.m.
▪ Radio | 1450-AM
- Quotes and information courtesy of Myrtle Beach Pelicans