Six local standouts have been selected as finalists for the 2017 Toast of the Coast football Player of the Year award.
A poll of coaches and sports writers with The Sun News helped trim the list down to its current group. Fans will also have their say, able to vote on the candidate of their choice below.
Finalists for the award include:
▪ North Myrtle Beach senior running back Kered Class: Rushed for 1,494 yards and 16 touchdowns for the Chiefs. He became the first player in school history to rush for more than 3,000 yards this past season.
▪ Myrtle Beach senior quarterback Lawson Cribb: Injured during the early portion of the season, the Seahawks quarterback came back to finish the season with 2,331 passing yards and 19 touchdowns. He completed better than 63 percent of his passes.
▪ North Myrtle Beach senior wide receiver/defensive back Tyler Gore: The Georgia State commit caught 37 passes for 414 yards and seven touchdowns, along with five interceptions and a kickoff return for another score. He is only the second player in North Myrtle Beach football history to be named to the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas.
▪ Conway senior quarterback D’Wuan Grainger: In his first year under center, he threw for 2,125 yards and 18 touchdowns. He also rushed for 641 more yards and four scores to help lead the Tigers to a 10-2 season.
▪ Myrtle Beach junior running back Jermani Green: Rushed for 939 yards and 22 touchdowns, along with 40 catches for 401 yards and another score. On the defensive side of the ball, he was in on 56 tackles, forcing two fumbles. He also recovered four more fumbles, along with an interception.
▪ Conway senior linebacker Jaylen Moody: Led a solid Conway defense with 105 total tackles on the season. He also had 3 ½ sacks and three interceptions — including one which he returned for a touchdown.
Voting will be open until Wednesday, Dec. 20 at noon.