• (At) Goose Creek 48, Conway 7 (final) |
• (At) Socastee 41, Berkeley 14 (final) | Kyle Smith scored on a run from 3 yards out as the Braves struck first. Delano Walters scored from 12 yards out for Socastee’s second TD of the first quarter. Ezekial Jenkins scored from 12 yards out to get Berkeley on the board. Tommy Lazaroff scored from 6 yards out as the Braves answered Berkeley’s first score. Asanti Dantzler gives Berkeley its second score on a long kickoff return. Walters got his second score of the night, this one from 5 yards out early in the third quarter.
• (At) Hanahan 34, Myrtle Beach 26 (final) | Myrtle Beach scored two consecutive touchdowns to cut a 20-point deficit to 12 with 10 minutes remaining in the Class AAA second-round playoff game. But they couldn’t get the tying touchdown. But the Seahawks couldn’t get the tying points. Tyler Keane hit Hunter Starbeck for a 10-yard TD pass on the final play of the third quarter and C.J. Cooper on an 8-yard touchdown pass with 10 minutes to play. Hawks junior Terrell Green made quite a return from elbow surgery after the third game of the season. Green caught a pair of 77-yard touchdown passes in the third quarter to help Hanahan open up a 34-14 lead.The Seahawks trailed 14-7 at halftime.Myrtle Beach took the opening possession in the second round of the Class AAA playoffs 81 yards in eight plays and scored on a 25-yard touchdown reception from Keane to Cooper. Kelton Greene intercepted a pass in the end zone to keep Hanahan off the board on its first possession, but the Hawks responded with a pair of second-quarter touchdowns to take a 14-7 lead into halftime. Hanahan tied the game early in the second quarter on a 51-yard run on a reverse by wide receiver Mario Gates, and took the lead with just 47 seconds remaining in the first half on a 6-yard run by quarterback Anthony Smalls. Both teams entered the game 10-1. The Seahawks’ only regular-season loss this year came against undefeated Socastee.
• (At) Loris 56, Battery Creek 0 (final) | Levi Moody scored from 3 yards out to give the Lions the early lead. Loris tacked on another first-quarter score on Mickel Soles’ 23-yard touchdown pass to Jahare Stone. Moody scored again from 8 yards out to give the Lions a three-touchdown lead. Joey Letts recovered a blocked punt in the end zone as Loris continued to pull away. Soles connected with Stone again, this time from 7 yards out as the Lions scored again just before halftime. Loris got another score just before the half when Desmond Dozier recovered a fumble on the kickoff in the end zone. Ryan Bellamy took a punt back for a score for the second time as the Lions continue to roll.
• (At) Lee Central 40, Aynor 6 (final) |