• Socastee 35, (at) St. James 0 (Final) | Erick Mortel intercepted a Josh Roper pass and ran it back for a score. Adam Crane scored on a 4-yard run and Hunter Renfrow ran in a TD from 54 yards out to give the Braves a commanding lead. Crane put another one in the end zone, this time from 54 yards out. Daquon Brown joined the scoring with a 2-yard TD.
• (At) Lake Marion 14, Andrews 0 (Halftime) |
• (At) Carvers Bay 26, Timmonsville 20 (Final) | Da’Shaun Aiken threw a pair of touchdown passes in the third quarter to help the Bears take the lead in the battle for the Region VII-A championship.
A 23-yarder to Desmond Sumpter put the Bears up 14-8, and a 19-yarder to Shayton Durrand gave the Bears a 20-14 lead with 50 seconds to play in the third. Those touchdowns sandwiched a 25-yard touchdown pass by Timmonsville’s Franklin King to Keyshawn Munford. Fumbles set up both of the Bears’ third-quarter scores.
The Bears struck first before Timmonsville tied the game early in the second quarter.
After Carvers Bay forced a three-and-out on Timmonsville’s game-opening possession, Devin Cuttino scored on a 34-yard run, taking the ball over the right side and cutting back to outrace defenders to the end zone. Israel Davis converted a two-point conversion run after accepting a long direct snap to the left with most of the offensive line lined up to that side.
A goal-line stand by Carvers Bay late in the first quarter kept Timmonsville off the scoreboard, but the Whirlwinds scored on a 1-yard sneak by King and King hit Calvin Fulmore on a two-point conversion pass to tie the game at 8.
Carvers Bay was stopped on the 6-yard line on fourth down late in the second quarter following a first-and-goal at the 7.
• (At) West Florence 44, Carolina Forest 7 (Final) |
• (At) Conway 34, Sumter 24 (Final) | Ethan Smith connected with Bryan Edwards from 7 yards out as the Tigers tied the score. The Gamecocks have scored 14 straight points to build a substantial lead. Conway opened the second half with a quick score on another Smith-to-Edwards touchdown. Third-string QB Sawyer Jordan tossed a 40-yard touchdown to Malcolm Green as the Tigers continued their rally. Jaquail Crosland scored his second TD of the game to give Conway the lead early in the fourth. Crosland scored again late in the fourth to perhaps put the dagger in Sumter.
• (At) Green Sea Floyds 35, Creek Bridge 20 (Final) |
• Loris 29, (at) Aynor 8 (Final) |
• (At) Myrtle Beach 55, North Myrtle Beach 0 (Final) | Sean Michael Orcutt scored on a 34-yard touchdown reception. Tyler Keane connected with C.J. Cooper for the Seahawks’ second score. Max Huggins connected on a 57-yard field goal for MB’s latest score.
• Dillon 43, (at) Waccamaw 7 (Final) |