▪ (At) Aynor 16, Marion 1 | The Blue Jackets remained undefeated in Region VIII-AA play, posting another double-digit output in its demolition of Marion.
Aynor pounded out 15 hits in the game, led by Ian Prosser who went 3-for-3 in the game with a home run and four RBIs. Ridge Richardson also went deep for the Blue Jackets, going 2-for-3 and three RBIs in the contest.
“We continue to get timely hitting and swing it well,” said Aynor baseball coach Chad Sarvis. “We’re also doing what it takes on the defensive side. Hopefully we can continue to do both things well, taking it one game at a time.”
▪ W: Ridge Richardson .L: Russell Morgan Top hitters: AYN: Ian Prosser 3-for-3, HR, 4 RBIs; Walt Richardson 2-for-2; Luke MArtin 2-for-4, RIdge Richardson 2-for-3, HR, 3 RBI
▪ Records: AYN: 9-3, 7-0 Region VIII-AA.
▪ (At) Myrtle Beach 10, Wilson 0 | Seven runs in the first inning helped the Seahawks cruise to an easy region win over the Tigers. Michael Calamari, Jack Dixon and Luke Edwards each had two hits for Myrtle Beach in the win.
▪ W: Cameron Bodge .L: J. Farmer
▪ (At) Aynor 6, Marion 1 | The Blue Jackets remained perfect on the season following a workmanlike win over the Swamp Foxes. Layna Johnson threw a complete game 4-hitter for Aynor, striking out 10 Marion batters en route to the win.
Hannah Paige, Morgan Elliott and Felicia Tracy each had two hits for Aynor, which also moves closer to its goal of a region title.
“We’re certainly in good position,” Aynor softball coach Tony Mills said. “A couple of tough games remain with Loris, Dillon and Waccamaw in region play, but if we can get past those we’ll be right where we want to be.”
▪ W: Layna Johnson (4-0) L: Lacey Johnson .S: .Top hitters: MAR: Kaitlyn Larrimore 1-for-3; Martricia Godbolt 2-for-3; Kearra Crooner 1-for-3. AYN: Hannah Paige 2-for-4, RBI; Morgan Elliott 2-for-3, RBI; Morgan Richardson 1-for-2; Felicia Tracy 2-for-3, 2 RBI; Blair Gasque 1-for-2, RBI.
▪ Records: AYN 11-0, 7-0 Region VIII-AA.
▪ (At) Myrtle Beach 2, Wilson 0| The Seahawks earned a second win in as many days Friday night, getting a shutout win over the Tigers. Leah Belach and McKenzie Coble each had two hits apiece, helping Myrtle Beach move to 7-8 overall, and more importantly 3-3 in Region VII-AAA play.
▪ W: Carly Grace Bodge .L: Peyton McLeod Top hitters: MB: Leah Belach 2-for-3, 3B; McKenzie Coble 2-for-3, R
▪ Records: MB: 7-8, 3-3 Region VII-AAA.
▪ (At) Socastee 13, Sumter 3 | After conceding an early goal, the Braves were able to take a 4-3 lead into halftime. Socastee ruled the second half, however, scoring nine goals en route to a dominant region win. Jake Perito finished the match with a hat trick as well as three assists.
▪ Goals: SOC: Josh Mackie, Kyle Barry, Konner Price 2, Salvador Rosas, Jake Perito 3, Chris Malashewski 2, Ricardo Farinas, Zac Anderson, Jahmir Watson.
▪ Assists: SOC: Josh Mackie, Kyle Barry, Konner Price, Jake Perito 3, Chris Matlashewski, Nick Koonce.
▪ Goalies: SOC: John Cetin 2 saves, Cole Renfrow 2 saves.
▪ (At) Carolina Forest 2, West Florence 1 | Extra time unable to break the tie between them, the Panthers took the match by outshooting the Knights 3-2 in penalty kicks.
▪ Goals: CF: Randy Garcia.
▪ Records: CF: 5-4, 4-2 Region VI-AAAA.
▪ (At) Carolina Forest 2, West Florence 1 | A pair of first half goals and a solid defensive effort helped the Panthers to a key region win. With the victory, Carolina Forest moves to 5-1 in Region VI-AAAA play, tied with the Knights.
▪ Goals: CF: Amber Rutledge, Haley Trunkett.
▪ Assists: CF: Mackenzie Moore.
▪ (At) Socastee 3, Sumter 1| A pair of first half goals helped the Braves get off to a fast start Friday night en route to knocking off the Gamecocks.
▪ Goals: SOC: Melisa Garcia, Katelyn Price, Brittany Leftis.
▪ Assists: SOC: Price, Lestis, Mellette Mackie
▪ Goalies: SOC: Haley Altman: 2 saves; Louie Daymiel: save
▪ Records: SOC: 4-5 (4-2 Region VI-AAAA).
Track and field
▪ The Carolina Forest boys track and field team won a six-team meet Thursday.
▪ Team scores: Carolina Forest 137, Lake City 131, Conway 123, Hannah-Pamplico 43, Johnsonville 34, Mullins 9.
▪ 400m relay: Conway 44.36; 1,600m relay: ; 3,200m relay: Lake City 9:51; 100m: Barr (LC) 10.93; 110m hurdles: Lake City 15.56; 200m: Frazier (CF) 23.05; 400m: Pressly (H-P) 54.58; 400m hurdles: Sinsletair (LC) 1:00; 800m: Michael Pieterse (CF) 2:22; 1,600m: Penter (CF) 5:21; 3,200m: Epps (LC) 11:28; Long jump: Brantly (C) 20-2 1/2; Pole vault: Davis (J) 11-0; Triple jump: Humes (C) 41-9; High jump: McCormick (H-P) 5-8; Discus: Loper (CF) 122-6; Shot put: O’Neal (C) 47-5.