Savannah Talley and Taylor Hansis each pitched complete games, but Talley’s two-run home run in the bottom of the sixth inning proved to be the difference as the Braves handed the Chiefs a 3-1 loss, their first in the region this season.
Talley had eight strikeouts, while Hansis had three for the Chiefs.
• W–Savannah Talley (8-7). L–Taylor Hansis (12-2). Top hitters – NMB Julia Cole, 1-for-2, run, double. Socastee: Talley 2-for-3, 2 RBIs (HR), run scored; Madison Lowe 1-for-2; Hayley LeDuc 2-for-3.
Records – NMB 17-2, 5-1; Socastee 13-9, 6-3
CCU drops to 2nd in BSC Championship
The CCU men’s golf team shot a second-round 303 on Tuesday, bringing its two-day total of 588, which leaves them in second place behind Liberty in the Big South Championships played at the Patriot Club at Grand Harbor, which is located in Ninety-Six.
High school baseball
• W–Sam McKinney (3-2). L–Kyle Cooper. Top hitters – Socastee: Hunter Renfrow 2-3, Kyle Smith 2-3, Jason Farria 1-2, 2 RBIs, Brandon Cuyler 1-2, 2 RBIs, Bubba Martin 2 runs, HR.
High school boys soccer
•Christian Academy of Myrtle Beach 1, (at) Trinity-Byrnes 0 (OT)
| Matt Doria scored the game-winning kick to give the Saints the win over the SCISA region rival Titans 5-4 in sudden death. Both teams finished regulation play tied at zero, then remained scoreless after two five-minute overtime periods.Goals
– CAMB: Bennett Pearson 1, Todd Carroll 1, Cody Wiliams 1, Cole Gore 1, Matt Doria 1.
•South Florence 4, (at) Carolina Forest 3
| Ian McIlrath scored two goals for the Panthers as they fell to the Bruins.
High school girls soccer
•(At) Carolina Forest 5, South Florence 0
| The Panthers kept the Bruins off the board to get the win.
High school softball
• W–Morgan Elliot (5-1). L–C. Bracey. Top hitters – Latta: C. Sawyer 1-3, 3B, M. Owens 1-2, 2B. Aynor: Jessie Johnson 2-2, walk, 3B, Taylor Charlton 2-3, Morgan Elliot 1-1, 3B, Lawton Jordan 1-1, 2B.
• W–Morgan Marlow (5-2). L–A. Jordan. Top hitters – Kimmie Hotzelt 3-for-3, 2 RBIS, 3 runs scored; Rebecca Prosser 3-for-3, 3 RBIs, 2 runs scored; Dominique Gross 3-for-3, 3 runs scored; Wilson: Jordan, 1-for-2.
Records – 15-7, 6-2.
High school boys tennis
High school track
•Green Sea Floyds 64, Dillon 46, (at) Latta 15
| The Trojans overcame the Wildcats and the Vikings to get the win.
•Green Sea Floyds 50, (at) Latta 34, Dillon 30
| The Trojans defeated the VIkings and the Wildcats for the win.
High school boys golf
Carolina Forest, Myrtle Beach, Conway and Socastee high school competed in the Anderson Brothers Bank Invitational High School Championship, with the final round contested Tuesday at the Country Club of South Carolina in Florence.
Lexington won the event, with a team score if 598. Carolina Forest finished 10th overall (650), Myrtle Beach 11th (666), Conway 13th (710) and Socastee 14th (735).