▪ It’s homecoming week for the Coastal Carolina football team as it prepares to host Central Connecticut State at 2 p.m. Saturday at Brooks Stadium.
▪ The CCU men’s soccer team heads to Appalachian State for a 7 p.m. contest Wednesday before returning home Saturday for a 7 p.m. match against Howard.
▪ The Coastal women’s soccer team has a pair of home matches this week as it hosts South Carolina State at 6 p.m. Wednesday and Louisiana-Lafayette at noon Sunday.
▪ The Chants’ volleyball team returns to action this weekend with home matches against Louisana-Lafayette (6:30 p.m. Friday) and Louisiana-Monroe (2 p.m., Sunday).
▪ Coastal’s women’s golf team gets back on the course Sunday as it begins play in the Palmetto Intercollegiate in Kiawah Island.
▪ Area high school football teams finally get back on the field Friday after seeing games postponed for two weeks. Seven area teams – Conway, North Myrtle Beach, Aynor, Georgetown, Socastee, Waccamaw and Carvers Bay – have home games scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Friday.
▪ Other area high school events will return to play this week after missing more than week.
▪ After falling to 1-5 with a loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, the Carolina Panthers will host a rematch of last year’s NFC Championship Game against the Arizona Cardinals at 1 p.m. Sunday.
▪ The Clemson football team has a week off before a showdown with rival Florida State in Tallahassee, Fla., on Oct. 29. The game time has not been set.
▪ The South Carolina football team returns from a bye week to host Massachusetts at noon Saturday in a break from SEC play.
▪ NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Chase is set to complete Round of 12 action as it heads to the always volatile Talladega Superspeedway at 2 p.m. Saturday for the Alabama 500.
▪ MLB’s league championship series continue this week with the Cleveland Indians battling the Toronto Blue Jays in the American League finals and the Chicago Cubs grappling with the Los Angeles Dodgers in the National League finals. The first game of the World Series is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 25.