▪ Coming off a big win, Clemson plays a Friday contest at Boston College at 7:30 p.m. Friday (ESPN), while South Carolina and Coastal Carolina are on bye weeks.
▪ On local gridirons, area teams continue their march through region play, with Lake City at Georgetown serving as The Sun News’ game of the week.
▪ Is it time to panic yet? The Carolina Panthers are 1-3 and Cam Newton was unable to finish Sunday’s loss against the Atlanta Falcons. Luckily for the Panthers, they get an extra day this week as they don’t play until next Monday night as they host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 8:30 p.m. (ESPN).
▪ Coastal Carolina fall sports team have plenty of action this week. The women’s golf team continues play in the Cougar Classic in Charleston on Monday and Tuesday. The men’s soccer team hosts Clemson at 6 p.m. Tuesday and plays at Hartwick on Saturday (2 p.m.), the women’s soccer squad hosts Louisiana-Monroe on Friday (6 p.m.) and Little Rock on Sunday (noon), the cross country teams will run in the Royals XC Challenge on Friday, and the men’s golf team tees off in the Tar Heel Intercollegiate in Chapel Hill, N.C., on Sunday.
▪ The MLB postseason begins this week with the Wild Card games. Toronto hosts Baltimore on Tuesday, and the New York Mets host San Francisco on Wednesday. Game times have yet to be announced.
▪ The NASCAR Chase field is down to 12 as the first Round of 12 race is set for 7 p.m. Saturday night (7 p.m.) in at Charlotte Motor Speedway.