I do wish that a majority of senators would have followed the eight senators that voted against the fiscal cliff deal. Especially the senator from this state.
This bill that was to extend our tax rates also extended billions of dollars to the Democrats’ closest pals. Today, while 77.1 percent of households watch taxes skyrocket, the president’s friends are toasting the goodies. Tucked away in the bill’s fine print:
1. $430 million in tax perks for Hollywood
2. $331 million for railroad operators
3. $222 million for Puerto Rico and Virgin Island rum producers
4. $70 million for NASCAR
5. $59 million for algae growers
6. $4 million for electric motorcycle makers
7. $15 million for asparagus growers
Is this what the president calls a step in the broader effort to strengthen our economy?
The writer lives in Myrtle Beach.