Newsmakers | Brunswick County seniors earn scholarships from Communities in Schools
07/03/2014 12:00 AM
06/25/2014 1:25 PM
Communities In Schools of Brunswick County has awarded scholarships to the Class of 2014 college-bound seniors from each Brunswick County high school. Each CIS Scholarship recipient received $1,000 towards college tuition. Students were selected by the CIS Scholarship Committee based on an application, essay, and interview.
Students receiving 2014 scholarships are as follows:• North Brunswick High School | Jordyn Roark, Brittany Evans and Denisha Melvin Beatty.
• Brunswick County Academy | Ernestine Brown.
• Brunswick County Early College High School | Anna Martin.
• West Brunswick High School | Amber Fulford, Alexander Gore and Lillian Cosentino.
• Dillon Priester of West Brunswick High School was awarded the CIS Teen Court Scholarship.
• South Brunswick High School | Cheyenne Blickenstaff was awarded the Teddy Hiatt Scholarship, Michael Hitt was awarded the Linda Erickson Scholarship, and Katelyn Auger was awarded the Teddy Hiatt Pageant Scholarship for $2,500.
Scholarships were presented to each recipient at the Senior Awards Ceremony held at each high school. Recipients will attend college in the fall.
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.