Communities In Schools of Brunswick County has awarded scholarships to the Class of 2014 college-bound seniors from each Brunswick County high school. Each CIS Scholarship recipient received $1,000 towards college tuition. Students were selected by the CIS Scholarship Committee based on an application, essay, and interview.
Students receiving 2014 scholarships are as follows:
• North Brunswick High School | Jordyn Roark, Brittany Evans and Denisha Melvin Beatty.
• Brunswick County Academy | Ernestine Brown.
• Brunswick County Early College High School | Anna Martin.
• West Brunswick High School | Amber Fulford, Alexander Gore and Lillian Cosentino.
• Dillon Priester of West Brunswick High School was awarded the CIS Teen Court Scholarship.
• South Brunswick High School | Cheyenne Blickenstaff was awarded the Teddy Hiatt Scholarship, Michael Hitt was awarded the Linda Erickson Scholarship, and Katelyn Auger was awarded the Teddy Hiatt Pageant Scholarship for $2,500.
Scholarships were presented to each recipient at the Senior Awards Ceremony held at each high school. Recipients will attend college in the fall.