Woman reportedly kidnapped over $100

07/25/2014 3:00 PM

07/25/2014 3:01 PM

Myrtle Beach police continue to investigate a woman who was reportedly kidnapped and held over $100.

Police met a A 28-year-old man at the Lancer Hotel on the 600 block of North Kings Highway about 1:45 a.m. Friday. He said his 21-year-old wife was being held against her will until he returned $100 he had taken.

The man told police he previously sold drugs and was contacted by a 36-year-old woman who wanted percocet. He said he met her and took $100 payment, but never planned to get drugs and instead considered the cash his as payment for $350 he had lent the woman a month earlier, the report said.

According to police, the 21-year-old woman left the hotel voluntarily with a second suspect, a 37-year-old woman, about 10 p.m. Thursday but called the couple’s roommate later crying and saying she was being held until her husband gives back the cash.

The man made plans to meet the women to pay them back and be reunited with his wife. Officers waited at the location, but the victim was dropped off blocks away. Police took photos of injuries on the woman’s face.

No arrests have been made.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service