Horry County police charge 17 men with prostitution
07/03/2014 9:58 AM
07/03/2014 9:59 AM
Horry County police arrested 17 men on prostitution charges after an undercover operation using several websites, according to a police report.
Officers used a confidential informant on June 27 to post profiles on the websites that were known “to be utilized in the aiding of prostitution,” according to the report. “The suspects then contacted the confidential informant and arranged for a time and place to meet.”
Once a transaction for a sexual act was made with the informant, Horry County police arrested the men on charges of prostitution, according to the report. Some of the men also were charged with drug possession.
The men included:• David Wayne Bell, 51, of Myrtle Beach
• Kendell Latavia Black, 23, of Myrtle Beach
• Gene Craig Dobson, 42, of Conway
• Jasper Cleveland Gerald, 55, of Marion
• Calvin Pink Gore, 50, of Little River
• Romero Alejandro Hernandez, 33, of Myrtle Beach
• Charles Clay Jackson, 43, of North Myrtle Beach
• Glennie Alonzo Johnson, 44, of Garden City Beach
• Rusty Duane Locklair, 41, of Georgetown
• Doran Lanard Mazyck, 28, of Myrtle Beach
• Sherwood Brian Newkirk, 42, of Kinghtdale, N.C.
• Patrick William Polly, 47, of Conway
• Joseph Anthony Ponticello, 33, Myrtle Beach
• Dagoberto Rodriguez, 30, of Myrtle Beach
• Juan Rosales, 30, of Myrtle Beach
• Carlos Noe Pu Sapon, 22, of Myrtle Beach
• Fredrick Vaught, 46, of Longs
Black, Jackson, Dobson, Polly and Mazyck were each charged with narcotics violations, according to the report. No other details were listed in the report.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.