Firefighters respond to late fire at resort building
05/01/2014 1:03 AM
05/01/2014 1:04 AM
A fire at a Myrtle Beach resort late Wednesday forced one group from the unit they were in and left one man hurt.
The fire happened around midnight Wednesday in building 13 at Blue-Green Harbor Lights timeshare resort.
Battalion Chief Jim Walker said the fire was in a second floor unit in the building but fire firefighters evacuated all units in the building after responding.
Walker said no smoke was visible when firefighters arrived on the scene, but when they opened the door they discovered the unit was filled with black smoke. A fire was burning in the dryer and its flames were contained to the dryer, he said.
Walker didn’t say how many people were in the unit, but no one was in it when firefighters arrived. He said one man from the affected unit was being treated on the scene for possible smoke inhalation.
He said smoke alarms in the unit sounded and alerted those inside.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.