Two Horry County men indicted in shooting at North Myrtle Beach bar
02/15/2013 8:25 AM
02/15/2013 8:26 AM
Two Little River men were indicted on attempted murder charges in connection with a shooting at a North Myrtle Beach bar and grill, according to court records.
Lorenzo Ricardo Samuels, 26, and Wayne Lloyd Ruffus, 27, both of Little River, were each indicted on charges of attempted murder, discharging a firearm into an occupied dwelling and possession of a firearm during the commission of a violent crime, according to indictments released last week.
Police were called about 3:30 a.m. Oct. 5 to Little John’s Bar & Grill located at Sixth Avenue South and found a 38-year-old man, who had suffered a gunshot wound to his left forearm, officials said at the time of the shooting. The victim was taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center by EMS for treatment.
Police arrested the men at the scene after they learned an argument occurred between the men and a gun battle ensued. Surveillance video showed that the suspects and the victim argued and the men went to their respective vehicles and got guns.
The suspects then went to the victim, who was inside his vehicle, and shot at him, police said.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.