Another shooting was reported at a home on Beau Street in the Conway area, which was the site of an unrelated deadly shooting earlier this month, police said.
The most recent shooting happened over the weekend, and no one was harmed during this incident, according to an Horry County police report.
Officers were called about 2 a.m. Saturday to a home on Beau Street in reference to a complaint of shots fired.
While police were en route, they received another call from someone saying they heard three to four gunshots.
Never miss a local story.
Authorities found a very upset 31-year-old woman at the home when they arrived, and walked around the house with her to check for damage, the report states.
As police searched the back of the home, the woman’s children rushed to the door, shouting that some decorative items had been broken. Officers searched throughout the home for spent casings and found damage that suggested bullets had pierced the home, but did locate one spent bullet near the decorations, but no spent brass, according to the report.
Krystal Dotson, Horry County police spokeswoman, confirmed Beau Street was the same road where 48-year-old Darryl Hunte was shot to death late in the evening of June 13 in a drive-by at his home that was also occupied at the time by six other people, including an 8-year-old.
Richard Andrew Whidby, 19, of Conway was arrested in connection with the shooting and faces charges of murder and attempted murder.
Dotson said the murder and recent shooting are unrelated, and she didn’t want to speculate why shooting incidents were happening on the same road. She also said the recent shooting occurred at a different home than the one where Hunte was murdered.
As of Tuesday, no arrests had been made in connection with Saturday’s shooting.