A man who was shot earlier this week outside a home in Conway has died, and police are asking for help from the public in finding the shooter.
Sylvester Lorenzo Bell Jr., 36, of Conway was pronounced dead at 12:04 p.m. Tuesday at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, Horry County Senior Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard said. Bell died from a gunshot wound to the head.
Bell was shot along with another man about 2:30 p.m. Monday while in the 2000 block of Sixth Avenue in Conway, police said. Bell was shot in the head and shoulder. The other man, who suffered a non-life threatening gunshot wound to his left leg, was treated and released from Grand Strand Regional Medical Center a few hours after the shooting Monday.
Late Wednesday, Conway police released a sketch of a young man – estimated to be 15 to 20 years old – who is wanted for questioning in connection with the shooting. Police spokeswoman Catina Hipp also said a white Nissan Maxima is believed to be involved in the shooting.
Few other details have been released about the shooting.
Conway officers spent hours Monday gathering evidence and information at the shooting scene.
Monday’s shooting happened a few blocks from where another shooting occurred late last month.
Police said that on Dec. 27, on Ninth Avenue, Dwayne Gaghum was shot in the head and killed while driving a Dodge pickup truck that crashed into a home.
At 3:30 p.m. that day, Conway police were called to Hemingway Street for a report of shots being fired, according to a press release. That afternoon, police said the incident was a traffic investigation and did not hint of suspecting foul play.
The next day, police said it was a homicide and the investigation continues.
No suspects have been identified in that shooting and Hipp said on Monday police had no information to connect the two incidents.
Anyone with information on the double shooting or the identity of the man in the sketch can call Conway police at 248-1790.