▪ Jacob W. Livingston of Conway and John W. Bacot of Surfside Beach are two of about 1,700 additional winners of National Merit Scholarships financed by colleges and universities. They each received National Merit Clemson University Scholarships. Their probable career fields are biomedical engineering for Livingston, of Conway High School, physics for Bacot, of Socastee High School.
▪ Christopher Desmond of Murrells Inlet and Steven Siewert of Myrtle Beach were named to the Dean’s List at the Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, N.Y., for spring semester 2014-15.
▪ Jenna Otten of North Myrtle Beach graduated from Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, N.J., in May with an M.A. in Forensic Psychology.
▪ The following students were named to the Spring 2015 Dean’s List at the University of South Carolina Upstate, Spartanburg: Roxanne Altman of Murrells Inlet; Brianna Bellamy, Krystal Bogart and Nia Payne of Conway; Danielle Cooper and Rachel Strain of Myrtle Beach; Shannon Cribb of Loris; Holden Dove , Chelsea Gore and Caroline Keener of North Myrtle Beach; and Daniel Heit and Laquiesha Stanley of Little River.
▪ The following students graduated May 5 from the University of South Carolina Upstate, Spartanburg: Krystal Bogart of Conway, Chelsea Gore of North Myrtle Beach, Jasmine Green of Hemingway and Tabatha Holmes of Myrtle Beach.
▪ Daniel Heit of Little River and Rachel Strain of Myrtle Beach were named to the Spring 2015 Chancellor’s List at the University of South Carolina Upstate, Spartanburg.
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va., is pleased to announce the following students who graduated with honors during the May 8, 2015 commencement exercises.
▪ Sara Lawrence of Myrtle Beach graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.S. in Comm Sciences & Disorders from James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va., May 8.
▪ Erin Wallace of Shallotte, N.C., graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.S. in Biology from James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va., May 8.
▪ Benjamin Allen Wilkins of Georgetown and Elizabeth Kahn of Myrtle Beach were named to the President’s List for Spring 2015 at Presbyterian College, Clinton. Wilkins is a freshman and has not declared a major. Kahn is a senior majoring in middle school education with an emphasis on mathematics and social studies.
▪ Clayton Thompson of Pawleys Island, a senior accounting major, was named to the Spring 2015 President’s List at Bob Jones University, Greenville.
▪ Rebecca Homer of Myrtle Beach graduated with a B.A. in English and a minor in creative writing May 16 from Washington College, Chestertown, Md.
▪ Cadet Matthew Scalise of Surfside Beach received the Reuben B. Pitts III Memorial Award at The Citadel’s awards convocation. The award is given to the second class cadet who is selected by classmates as showing the greatest concern for the well-being of others. The poll is conducted by the junior class officers and is given in memory of Cadet Reuben B. Pitts III, Class of 1963. Scalise is pursuing a B.S. in Biology.
▪ Lenore Bolig and Alex Wetherell, both of Myrtle Beach, graduated with advanced degrees May 9 from The Citadel Graduate College.
▪ Anna Warnes of Supply, N.C., graduated May 16 from the College of Nursing at Creighton University, Omaha, Ne., with an M.S. in Nursing.
▪ The following students were named to the Spring 2015 Dean’s List at Coker College, Hartsville: Janie Shaw of Georgetown, Mollie Paschall of Andrews, Ian Fellenz of Little River, Korbin Causey of Loris, Brittany Waters-Willis of Nichols, Sarah Elliott of Pawleys Island, Ashley Johnson of Murrells Inlet and Connor Norton-Baker, Alexis Wiseman and Shelly Duncan, all of Myrtle Beach.