• Horry County Democratic Party holds a statewide candidates weekly phonebank from 5 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday at the HCDP office, 900 4th Avenue in Conway. For information contact William Mitchell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 803-760-0158
• Horry County Democratic Party will have happy hour around 5:15 p.m. Thursday at Bonefish Grill at 7401 North Kings Highway in Myrtle Beach. Happy hour discount prices last through 6:30 p.m. For information contact Saxena via email@example.com .
• Beach Dems Breakfast will be 8 to 9 a.m. Friday, at Akels Pancake House at 65th Avenue North and Kings Highway in Myrtle Beach. For information, contact Sally P. Howard at 843-455-1936.
• Northwest Action Dems will not meet in July or August. The group meets again in September at the Kingston Lake Educational Building, 3410 Church Street in Loris, at the back of the building. For information, contact Lutie Floyd at 843-756-0138.
• Tickets must be purchased by Aug. 22 for the annual Horry County Democratic Party fundraising dinner to be held Sept. 6 at Ocean Creek Resort Conference Center in North Myrtle Beach. S.C. Rep. Bakari ellers, the Democratic Party’s candidate for Lt. Governor in the upcoming November election, will be the keynote speaker. Individual tickets are $75 and host tables of eight seats are $600. To purchase tickets, call: (843) 488-HCPD (4237).
Horry County GOP will have the grand opening for its new headquarters, including a cookout, at 6 p.m. Monday at 200 Rodeo Drive in Myrtle Beach, the old State Farm building off of Highway 501.
• U.S. Rep. Tom Rice, R-S.C. has scheduled six events in Horry and Georgetown counties Tuesday and Wednesday. The following events are scheduled:
• Coffee with your congressman, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., at Eggs Up Grill, 2300 Glenns Bay Road, Surfside Beach, and 11 a.m. to noon at Applewood House of Pancakes at 14361 Ocean Highway in Pawleys Island; Round Table Meeting, 3 to 4 p.m. at Georgetown County Library, 405 Cleland St. in Georgetown.
• Coffee with your congressman, 8:45 to 9:45 a.m., at The Trestle, 308 Main St., in Conway, and 10:15 to 11:15 a.m., at Bojangles’ Famous Chicken ‘n Biscuits, 2780 U.S. 501 in Aynor; North Myrtle Beach town hall meeting, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., at Boulineau's, 212 Sea Mountain Hwy., in North Myrtle Beach
• The Myrtle Beach Republican Women will host a luncheon beginning 11:30 a.m. Aug. 12 featuring Major Gen. Herbert “Laurie” Newton, Ret. at The Dunes Golf & Beach Club in Myrtle Beach. Newton is a recipient of a joint Distinguished Service Medal from the Army and Air Force for exceptionally meritorious service to the government.