The general election for the city of North Myrtle Beach will be held Nov. 5, according to a news release from the city’s election commission.
The election will include the following offices:• Mayor 2013-2017
• Council Member Ocean Drive Ward 2013-2017
• Council Member Windy Hill Ward 2013-2017
• Council Member At- Large 2013-2017
All precincts are to vote for all candidates.
The polling places are:• Windy Hill 1 Precinct-Windy Hill Fire Station No. 3 (33rd Avenue South)
• Windy Hill 2 Precinct-Fire Station No. 5 (Barefoot Resort)
• Crescent Beach Precinct-J. Bryan Floyd Community Center (Possum Trot Road)
• Ocean Drive 1 Precinct-Fire Station No. 1 (Second Avenue South)
• Ocean Drive 2 Precinct-St. Stephens Episcopal Church (11th Avenue North)
• Cherry Grove 1 Precinct-Chapel by the Sea Baptist Church (Sea Mountain Highway)
• New location-Cherry Grove 2 Precinct-Fire Station No. 4 (Little River Neck Road)
Citizens desiring to vote in the upcoming election must be registered by Oct. 5.
To register, contact the County Board of Voter Registration at 843-915-5440, or registration can be done online at www. horrycounty.org. Absentee ballots must be obtained through the Horry County Voter Registration office in Conway.
Citizens desiring to be candidates for one of the listed offices may file at City Hall with the city clerk. Books will open for filing on Aug. 23. Books will remain open for filing during regular business hours at City Hall and close at noon on Sept. 6.
The filing fee for the office of mayor is $150, and council seat is $75.
This is a nonpartisan election, and no party affiliation shall be placed on the ballot.