Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Health screenings | Finger-stick lipid profiles with blood sugar test: $20; diabetes screening-hemoglobin A1c: $15; blood sugar levels: $3. Free blood pressure screenings. 520-8579• 7:30 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, mall area, Georgetown Memorial Hospital
• 7:30 a.m. to noon Thursdays, hallway by Same Day Surgery, Waccamaw Community Hospital.
• 8:30-11:30 a.m. second Friday every other month, Waccamaw Community Care, 4310 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach.
“Create Your Weight” program for adults over the age of 18 | programs offered weekly from noon-1 p.m. $75. 520-8288 to register. Scheduled as follows:
• Thursdays through March 14, second-floor training room, Georgetown Memorial Hospital.
Lecture: Spinal Stenosis and Treatment for the Neck and Back Pain | noon, Thursday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Murrells Inlet. Free. Lunch provided. 520-7842 to reserve a seat
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. $10 per couple or $5 for individual. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Health screening | 7:30-10:30 a.m. Friday, Trinity United Methodist Church, Andrews. 520-8579
“Look Good Feel Better” for women in cancer treatment | 2-4 p.m. March 4, Francis B. Ford Cancer Treatment Center, 2405 N. Fraser St., Georgetown. 800-227-2345, registration required.
Breastfeeding class | 6-8 p.m. March 5, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Free. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Prepared Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. March 9, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital campus. $50. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Support groups• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or visit www.YoungStroke.org.
• Bosom Buddies | 6-7 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. 237-8787
• Alzheimer’s | 10 a.m. Wednesday, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711
• Stroke | 3 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875
• Diabetes | 1:30 p.m. Thursday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638
• Alzheimer’s | noon March 4, Prince George Episcopal Church. 237-2845
• Waccamaw area family caregiver | noon to 2 p.m. March 6, Waccamaw Regional Council of Governments, 1230 Highmarket St., Georgetown. Deadline to register is March 4. 436-6144
• Mended Hearts | 6 p.m. last Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health and Fitness, 12965 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. Light supper provided. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS.• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Conway Elementary School, 110 First Snowhill Drive, Conway. 488-0696
• 12:30-5:30 p.m. Thursday, HealthPoint, 12965 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 546-4358
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Murrells Inlet. 652-1135
• 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 12, McLeod Seacoast parking lot. 390-8326
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108
Mobile Health services | Free screenings for blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel to include total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. 347-8068 or 234-5109. Scheduled as follows:• 8:30-10:30 a.m. Monday, Burgess Community Center, 10299 S.C. 707, Myrtle Beach.
• 9-11 a.m. Tuesday, IGA, 715 S. Main St., Aynor.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Pee Dee Exchange, 6450 U.S. 378, Conway.
Weight Loss workshop | 11:15 a.m. or 4 p.m. Wednesday, and 11:15 a.m. or 5 p.m. March 26, Conway Wellness and Fitness Center, 2369 Cypress Circle. Members $15; Community $20. 347-1515 to register.
Female Self-Defense class | 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays through March 5, Conway Wellness and Fitness Center, 2369 Cypress Circle, Conway. Members $60; Community $80. 347-1515
Breastfeeding class | 7-9 p.m. March 5, private dining room two, Conway Medical Center. Free. 347-8108
Aquatic boot camp | 6-6:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through March 6, Conway Wellness and Fitness Center. Members $40; Community $80. 347-1515
Seminar: Joint Replacement | noon, March 12, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108
Seminar: Weight Loss Surgery | 6-7 p.m. March 12. Conway Medical Center. 234-6686
Community screening | 7-10 a.m. March 12, Conway Wellness and Fitness Center. Complete metabolic and lipid panel, $25. 234-5019
Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 23, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108
Support groups• Parents Anonymous | 5-7 p.m. every Tuesday, Conway Medical Center. 448-5804
• Weight Loss | 6:30 p.m. March 19. Conway Medical Center. 234-6686
• Diabetes | 6 p.m. Monday, and March 26, Conway Medical Center. 347-8013
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1C testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444
BLS CPR/AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.drugsno.com.
Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017
Pre-Diabetes class | 4:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. Registration required, 692-4444.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444
Seminar: Frustrated with being Overweight ? | 5:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444
Prepared Childbirth course | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. $50. 692-4444
Prepared Childbirth course | 7 p.m. March 4, 11, 18, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. $50. 692-4444
Health screenings | Finger stick total cholesterol screening $7; lipid profile (12-hour fast required), $20. Free blood pressure. Scheduled as follows. 692-2222• 8:30-9:30 a.m. March 6 and 20, hospital classroom, YMCA.
• 9-10 a.m. Wednesday, March 13, main lobby, Grand strand Regional Medical Center.
Seminar: Is your Heart at Risk ? | 10-11 a.m. March 7, 10, HealthFinders. 692-4444
Infant Care class | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. March 9, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Breastfeeding class | 1:30-3:30 p.m. March 9, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Heartsaver CPR AED class | 2-5 p.m. March 13, HealthFinders. $35 includes book and certification. Registration required, 692-4444.
“Look Good Feel Better” for women in cancer treatment | 2-4 p.m. March 18, Carolina Regional Cancer Center, 4712 Oleander Drive, Myrtle Beach. 800-227-2345, registration required.
Support groups• Rape Crisis Cente r | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273
• Non-offending parents of child victims of sexual assault | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Conway. Visit www.victimtosurvivor.org or 448-3180.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 to 65 | 11:30 a.m. fourth Friday each month, meeting room, Rotelli’s restaurant, U.S. 501, Conway. 655-2835 or visit www.YoungStroke.org.
• Diabetes | 3-4 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, March 11, April 8 and May 13, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, 809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach. Lunch provided. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
• Automatic Defibrillator | 2 p.m. March 12, Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 692-4444
• Prostate Cancer | 6-7:30 p.m. March 13, HealthFinders. 692-4444
• La Leche League | 10:30 a.m. to noon March 14, HealthFinders. 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line, 716-7527 or online at www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Monday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Zumba | 6 p.m. Monday and Thursday, 4 p.m. Monday and Wednesday, and 10 a.m. Monday (beginner’s zumba), Center for Health and Fitness. $5 members and $8 non-members. 716-7111
AARP Driver Safety course | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday, Center for Health and Fitness. 390-8326
Lecture: Begin The Conversation-The Importance of Advance Care Planning | 1- 2:30 p.m. March 14 at the main campus, March 21 at the Leland campus, and March 28 at the South Brunswick Island Center.
A free one-session Brunswick Community College community service workshop. Presented by Lower Cape Fear Hospice and Life Care Center, call to register 910-755-7378.
Screenings: Thyroid Cancer | 9-11 a.m. March 15, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326 to register.
Nutrition series: Sodium in your Diet | 10 a.m. March 19, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326
Screenings: Skin Cancer | 9-11 a.m. March 21, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326
Lecture: Living with Osteoporosis | 12:30-2 p.m. March 22, N.V. Barbee Sr. Library, 8200 E. Oak Island Drive, Oak Island, N.C. Free, open to the community. 910-278-4288 to reserve your space.
Support groups• Ostomy | 2 p.m. Sunday, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8326
• Fibromyalgia and Arthritis | 11 a.m. March 6, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326
• Multiple Sclerosis | 6 p.m. March 12, Center for Health and Fitness. 390-8326
• Waccamaw area family caregiver | 1-2 p.m. March 19, North Strand Senior Center, 2309 Watertower Road, Longs. Deadline to register is March 15. 436-6144
• Diabetes | 6-8 p.m. March 21, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326