Learn about safe boating
Take the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary “About Boating Safely” class, certified by S.C. Department of Natural Resources. Details from Vito Giardina at 240-9900 or email email@example.com.
Details | 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at Coast Guard Station, 355 Marina Drive, Georgetown, near Lands End restaurant, for $30, or $40 for two family members.
Sale, baby expo on tap
Two special events happen in Murrells Inlet:
• Fourth annual Carolina Animal Rescue “Fur”niture Sale benefit, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Original SBB, 3393 US 17 Business. benefiting programs to help homeless cats and dogs in a no-kill, cage-free environment. Details at 808-0276, 658-2851 orwww.coastalanimalrescue.org
• The WMYB-FM “Star 92.1” annual Baby Expo, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Inlet Square, at U.S. 17 Bypass and U.S. 17 Business, includes information about health, baby basics, financial planning, day care and safe play. 651-6990 orwww.inletsquaremall.com
Brookgreen adds exhibits
Two exhibits open – “Recent Acquisitions” and “Willard Hirsch: Charleston’s Sculptor” – both through April 21. Also, see “Faces of Clay, Echoes of Africa,” a talk at 1 p.m. about the descendants of The Wanderer, the last slave ship to journey to the United States, in 1868, with 400 enslaved captives from Congo who began producing face jug pottery. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details | 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Huntington Beach State Park; free with admission, which lasts seven days – $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.
Tree party in Murrells Inlet
Trees for Tomorrow – A Lowcountry Legacy will give away 1,000 1- to 2-foot high free tree seedlings – including include live oaks, redbuds, eastern red cedars and dogwoods – in a party that also includes tree-planting seminars by Todd Stephenson, a certified arborist, at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Homemade clam chowder and chicken bog also will sold for $5 a pint, with proceeds benefitting future tree programs. Details at 457-8126, lowcountrytrees.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details | 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Murrells Inlet Seafood, 4886 U.S. 17 Business; free admission.
Trio of cruise-ins
Choose from three cruise-ins, all for free:
• Grand Strand British Car Club, third anniversary show, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at TBonz restaurant on 21st Avenue North and U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. 455-8273 orwww.grandstrandbritishcarclub.com
• Myrtle Beach Car Club, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at 4 Seasons Car Wash, 600 U.S. 17 Business S., Surfside Beach. Call 215-3849 or 742-9802.
• Hot Rod Promotions, 1-4 p.m. at Highway 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries, 4390 U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet, by Piggly Wiggly. 503-8245.
Fitness party for women
The “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!” event for fun, fitness and friendship will include line and Latin dancing, exercise and games. Call 272-0229 with number in party attending. More details at www.anaerobicstudio.com.
Details | 3-7 p.m. at Anaerobic Studio, next to Bath & Body Works in Myrtle Beach Mall, on U.S. 17 at S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach