Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Health screenings | 7:30 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, mall area, Georgetown Memorial Hospital; Thursdays, front lobby, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Finger-stick lipid profiles with blood sugar test: $20; diabetes screening-hemoglobin A1C: $15; blood sugar levels: $3. Free blood pressure screenings. 546-0623.
Move Well Fitness classes | held at Spine Institute, 12465 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 979-2273 to reserve your spot. Scheduled as follows:• 3-2-1 ... cardio, strength and core, all in one, 8 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 9:30-10:30 a.m. Saturdays.
• Beach walk fitness, noon-1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, on the beach behind Litchfield Inn in Litchfield Beach.
• Senior fitness class, 12:45 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Handle with Care-Baby Care class | 6-8 p.m. Monday, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Smoking Cessation series | 6-7 p.m. Monday and Jan. 16, 21, 23, 29 and 30, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Monday, Little Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. 520-8490 to register.
Car Seat Safety class | 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Monday, Little Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Lecture: Treatments for Shoulder Pain, Strength Loss | 12:30-1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Monday, Little Drive, Murrells Inlet. Lunch provided. 520-7842 to reserve a seat.
Breastfeeding class | 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Prepared Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. $50. 520-8490 to register.
Health information fair | 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Shepherd of the Sea Lutheran Church, 2637 U.S. 17 Business, Garden City Beach. Free. 357-3131
Health screening | 7:30 – 10:30 a.m. Jan. 25, at Georgetown Presbyterian Church. Cardiac risk assessment, $25; chemistry panel, $20; thyroid screening, $15; diabetes, $15; PSA for men, $15. Blood panel tests require a 10 to 12 hour fast. Medicare B is accepted, and a Medicare card must be presented. 520-8447
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. Jan. 31, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Monday, Little Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. $10 per couple or $5 for individual. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
“Create Your Weight” program for adults over the age of 18 | programs offered weekly from noon-1 p.m. $75. 520-8288 to register. Scheduled as follows:• Tuesdays through March 12, two east classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital.
• Thursdays through March 14, second-floor training room, Georgetown Memorial Hospital.
Support groups• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or visit www.YoungStroke.org.
• Cancer | 4:30-5:30 p.m. Monday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8062
• Amputee | 1 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1839
• Alzheimer’s | 10 a.m. Jan. 23, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711
• Stroke | 3 p.m. Jan. 23, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875
• Diabetes | 1:30 p.m. Jan. 24, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638
• Bosom Buddies | 6-7 p.m. Jan. 28, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Monday, Little Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. 237-8787
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS.• 1-6 p.m. Monday,Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17. 399-6028
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Belin United Methodist Church, 4183 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 267-0752
• 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Horry Georgetown Technical College 2050 U.S. 501 E., Conway. 477-2062
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, The Sun News, 914 Frontage Road E., Myrtle Beach. 626-0250
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, South Strand Complex, 9630 Scipio Lane, Myrtle Beach. 455-5543
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, South Strand Assembly of God, 3507 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-0152
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, St. Michael’s Catholic Church, 572 Cypress Ave., Garden City Beach. 651-3737 ext. 22.
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 22, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, 809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 692-1572
• 2-7 p.m. Jan. 24, St. Peter’s Lutheran church, 65 Crooked Oak Drive, Pawleys Island. 237-2795
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 24, City of Myrtle Beach, 921 A Oak St., 918-1114
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 27, Timberlake Baptist Church, 9850 S.C. 707, Myrtle Beach. 650-9509
• 3-7:30 p.m. Jan. 29, Ebenezer United Methodist Church, 1760 Muddy Creek Road, Hemingway. 558-3835
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 30, Conway Christian School, 1200 Medlen Parkway, Conway. 365-2005
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108
Parents Anonymous | 5-7 p.m. every Wednesday, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1C testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444
BLS CPR/AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.drugsno.com.
Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017
Sibling Preparation class for children ages 3-10 | 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. Free. 692-4444 to register.
Infant/Child CPR | 1-4 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $15. 692-4444 to register.
Rape Crisis Center advocate training class | 5:30-9 p.m. Jan. 28 through Jan. 31. Visit www.victimtosurvivor.org to fill out an application.
Support groups• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273
• Non-offending parents of child victims of sexual assault | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Conway. Visit www.victimtosurvivor.org or 448-3180.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 to 65 | 11:30 a.m. fourth Friday each month, meeting room, Rotelli’s restaurant, U.S. 501, Conway. 655-2835 or visit www.YoungStroke.org.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. Monday, Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 692-4444
• Grief | 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
• Celiac | 2 p.m. Tuesday, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 692-4444
• Stroke | 2 p.m. Tuesday, Grand Strand Senior Health-Carolina Forest. 692-4444
• Thyroid Cancer | 6 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
• Fibromyalgia | 10:30 a.m. Thursday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
• Grand Strand Breathers | 2 p.m. Thursday, Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 692-4444
• ARC | 5:30 p.m. Jan. 21, HealthFinders. 692-4444
• Diabetes | 3 p.m. Jan. 22, HealthFinders. 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line, 716-7527 or online at www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Monday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Zumba | 6 p.m. Monday and Thursday, Center for Health & Fitness. $5 members and $8 non-members. 716-7111
Nutrition Series: Are You Gambling With Your Health? | 10-11 a.m. Tuesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center. 390-8326 to register.
Lecture: Dementia-The Scoop on Shingles | 7:30-8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Center for Health & Fitness. 390-8326 to register.
Health and Wellness fair | 8-11 a.m. Saturday, North Myrtle Beach High School cafeteria, Sea Mountain Highway, Little River. Free. 390-8326
Weight Loss program | 5:30-7:30 p.m., for women ages 18 to 64 with a BMI of +27, $65. Mandatory Private consultation required by Friday. . To register, 910-253-2583 or email@example.com. Scheduled as follows:• Tuesdays, Jan. 22-April 9, South Brunswick Island Center
• Thursdays, Jan. 24-April 11, Bolivia Government Complex
Discussion panel: Ask the Orthopaedic Doctors | 6 p.m. Jan. 29, Pink Palace Complex, Sea Trail Plantation, 295 Rice Mill Circle, Sunset Beach, N.C. Free. Event is open to all Brunswick area residents. 910-721-1473 to register.
Support groups• Diabetes | 10-11 a.m. Jan. 25, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8326