State parks open daily
Both area state parks are open every day of the year, including holidays, for walks, bicycling and nature and bird watching. Details at www.southcarolinaparks.com:• Huntington Beach State Park, 6 a.m.-6 p.m. on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Brookgreen Gardens. Also, Atalaya historic home open for self-guided tours 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and nature center 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Call 237-4440.
• Myrtle Beach State Park, 6 a.m.-8 p.m. on U.S. 17 Business, one mile south of Farrow Parkway/South Ocean Boulevard, across from Seagate Village; 238-5325.
Details | Same admission for each: $5 ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors, $3 ages 6-15.
Stroll a pier to relax
Pick any of four piers for a holiday stroll:• Apache Family Campground and Pier, 9700 Kings Road, open 7 or 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. Free. 497-6486 or www.apachefamilycampground.com/pier.php.
• Myrtle Beach State Park Fishing Pier, at Myrtle Beach State Park, on U.S. 17 Business, 6 a.m.-8 p.m.; free with park admission: $5 ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors, $3 ages 6-15. 238-5325 or www.myrtlebeachsp.com.
• Springmaid Beach Pier, at Springmaid Beach Resort, 3200 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, 6 a.m.-midnight. $1. 315-7100, 866-764-8501 or www.springmaidbeach.com/amenities/springmaidpier/.
• Surfside Pier, 11 N. Ocean Blvd., Surfside Beach, at east end of Surfside Drive, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Free. 238-0121 or www.surfsidepier.com.
Visit aquarium, WonderWorks
Two attractions at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach are open:• Ripley’s Aquarium, with its Festival of Trees through Dec. 31, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Free with regular admission: $21.99 ages 12 and older, $10.99 ages 6-11, $3.99 ages 3-5, free ages 2 and younger. 916-0888, 800-734-8888 or www.ripleysaquarium.com.
• WonderWorks, noon-8 p.m. $22.99 ages 13-54, $14.99 ages 4-12 and 55 and older, and free ages 3 and younger. 626-9962 or www.wonderworksonline.com/myrtle-beach/.
Take a swing on greens
Take a swing at some golf, including these sites open for Christmas.• Cane Patch Par 3 & Driving Range, at 72nd Avenue North and Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. 315-0301 or www.myrtlebeachfamilygolf.com/canepatch.aspx.
• Harbour View Par 3 & Driving Range, 901 U.S. 17, between Little River and Myrtle Beach, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 249-9117
• Midway Par 3 Golf, 3101 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. 913-5335 or www.myrtlebeachfamilygolf.com/midway.aspx.
• Tupelo Bay Golf Center, 1800 U.S. 17 Business S., Garden City Beach, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. 215-7888 or www.tupelobay.com.
Roll some bowling balls
Four alleys have holiday bowling:• Frank Theatres’ Revolutions Entertainment, at Inlet Square, at U.S. 17 Business and U.S. 17 Bypass in Murrells Inlet., 10 a.m.-1:30 a.m. 651-9400 or www.revolutionsentertainment.com.
• Little River Lanes, 300 Bowling Lane, Little River, off River Hills Drive, north of U.S. 17, 4-11 p.m. 249-0055.
• Surfside Bowl Entertainment Center, 510 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach, 4 p.m.-2 a.m. 238-2695 or www.surfsidebowlingcenter.com.
• Waccamaw Bowling Center, 101 Gray Drive, west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, just west of River Oaks Drive and the Intracoastal Waterway, 4 p.m.-midnight. 236-1020 or www.waccamawbowling.com.
Two shows on tap
Two shows will light up this night:• Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, 2904 Fantasy Way, close to U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach, 6 p.m. $50.95 ages 13 and older, $30.95 ages 12 and younger (Also, special through Dec. 31: Receive one free child admission with purchase of one adult admission – mention code KFDec12.). 236-8080, 800-436-4386 or www.medievaltimes.com/myrtlebeach.aspx.
• Shadrack’s “Christmas Wonderland,” 6-10 p.m. at TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark, on Grissom Parkway in Myrtle Beach, just south of 21st Avenue North/ $25.50 car or family van, $40 activity of mini-/half-bus, $50 limousine, and $5 person in a tour/school bus. 888-321-7547 or www.shadrackchristmas.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach