Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Health screenings | 7:30 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, mall area, Georgetown Memorial Hospital; Thursdays, front lobby, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Finger-stick lipid profiles with blood sugar test: $20; diabetes screening-hemoglobin A1C: $15; blood sugar levels: $3. Free blood pressure screenings. 546-0623.
Drive-through flu vaccine clinic | $25. Medicare B is accepted and a Medicare card must be presented. 520-8579. Scheduled as follows:
• 7:30 a.m. to noon every Tuesday at Georgetown Memorial Hospital in the mall area of the hospital.
• 7:30 a.m. to noon every Thursday at Waccamaw Community Hospital in the hallway next to Same Day Surgery.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Monday, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Car Seat Safety class | 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. Free. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. $10 per couple or $5 for individual. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Move Well Fitness classes | held at Spine Institute, 12465 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 979-2273 to reserve your spot. Scheduled as follows:
•3-2-1 ... cardio, strength and core, all in one
, 8 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 9:30-10:30 a.m. Saturdays.
•Beach walk fitness
, noon-1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, on the beach behind Litchfield Inn.
•Senior fitness class
, 12:45 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
“Create Your Weight” program for adults over the age of 18 | programs offered weekly from noon-1 p.m. $75. 520-8288 to register. Scheduled as follows:
• Tuesdays from Jan. 15-March 12, two east classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital.
• Thursdays from Jan. 17-March 14, second-floor training room, Georgetown Memorial Hospital.
•Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65
| 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or visitwww.YoungStroke.org
| 1 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1839
| 10 a.m. Dec. 26, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711
| 3 p.m. Dec. 26, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875
| 1:30 p.m. Dec. 27, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS.
• 2-7 p.m. Monday, Socastee United Methodist Church, 5575 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. 650-3373
• 1-6 p.m. Tuesday, McLeod Medical Center, 301 E. Jackson St., Dillon. 487-1397
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Horry County Complex-Ralph Ellis Building, 107 Highway 57 N., Little River. 915-8070
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Horry County Complex, 1201 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 915-5293
• 1-6 p.m. Wednesday, Santee Electric Cooperative, 424 Sumter Highway, Kingstree. 355-6187
• 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Surfside Civic Center, 115 U.S. 17 N., Surfside Beach. 650-9548
• 2-7 p.m. Thursday, City of Conway Parks, Recreation and Tourism, 1515 Mill Pond Road, Conway. 248-1740
• 1-6 p.m. Thursday, Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2061 Glenns Bay Road, Surfside Beach. 650-0313
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Lowes, 214 U.S. 17 N., North Myrtle Beach. 280-5182 ext. 208
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, First Baptist Church, 303 N. Main St., Mullins. 464-1894
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 26, Wal-Mart, 151 Myrtle Ridge Road, Conway. 234-2040
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 27, Wal-Mart, 550 U.S. 17 N., North Myrtle Beach. 365-0254
• 1-6 p.m. Dec. 28, Wal-Mart, 545 Garden City Connector, Murrells Inlet. 357-6560
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 29, Harley Davidson, 4710 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. 369-5555
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108
Parents Anonymous | 5-7 p.m. every Wednesday, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1C testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444
BLS CPR/AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.drugsno.com.
Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017
Safe Sitter Babysitting class for children ages 11-13 | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. $35 fee includes materials and a book bag. Pre-registration required, 692-4444.
•Rape Crisis Cente
r | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273
| 3-4 p.m. every Wednesday through Nov. 7, National Healthcare Center, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet. 349-4400
•Non-offending parents of child victims of sexual assault
| 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Conway. Visitwww.victimtosurvivor.org
•Young stroke survivors between ages 20 to 65
| 11:30 a.m. fourth Friday each month, meeting room, Rotelli’s restaurant, U.S. 501, Conway. 655-2835 or visitwww.YoungStroke.org
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line, 716-7527 or online at www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Monday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Zumba | 6 p.m. Monday and Thursday, Center for Health & Fitness. $5 members and $8 non-members. 716-7111
Zumba | 8-9 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday through Dec. 20, Body Dimensions, Shallotte, N.C. $35 month/$10 drop-in. 910-253-2583.
Safe Sitter Babysitting class for children ages 11-13 | 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center and Dec. 28, training classroom, McLeod Seacoast, Suite 245. $35. 390-8326 to register.
Weight Loss program | 5:30-7:30 p.m., for women ages 18 to 64 with a BMI of +27, $65. Mandatory Private consultation required by Jan. 18. To register, 910-253-2583 or email@example.com. Scheduled as follows:
• Tuesdays, Jan. 22-April 9, South Brunswick Island Center
• Thursdays, Jan. 24-April 11, Bolivia Government Complex
Living with Grief | 10 a.m. to noon Mondays, Jan. 8-Feb. 12 at SECU Hospice House of Brunswick, 955 Mercy Lane, Bolivia, N.C., and from 10 a.m. to noon Thursdays, Jan. 10-Feb. 14 at Seaside United Methodist Church, Sunset Beach, N.C. Groups are free and donations are appreciated. 910-796-8056 registration deadline is Jan. 4. Please leave your name, phone number, and indicate the specific program you wish to attend.